Somebody stop me! Lol!

Lahree!

You've got a big, big heart! You'll know if it feels right to bring him home. Go with your gut.

And as I've learned, our DH's tend to be fairly forgiving....they may mutter and moan, but then when you're not looking, you'll see them sneaking a cuddle!

Hugs!


Haha, Barb you just described my DH. And you're so right, Lahree and her fam will know if it's right or not!:wink2:
 
My "problem" is living in such a big state like Texas, there are rescue agency's for just about every breed of anything that you could think of! I mean seriously, I could have pretty much ANY type of animal or breed, etc I wanted.
 
St. Francis, we have a request. Please let this little lost Sheltie find his family. And if for some reason that's not possible, let Lahree take him home to love forever.
Amen

That is a beautiful prayer. I will say a 2nd Amen to that!
 
3rd Amen to Chris' s prayer! I really believe things happen for a reason. He looks like a gorgeous dog and such expressive eyes. Lahree - go for it if he's not claimed!

Sharon
 
HE is a beautiful dog and I hope he finds a good home.. with you or someone else.


i go to petfinder just to see if there are any shelties in my area..... hoping that there arent because I would soo want to adopt him/her and am in no position to have another dog.. im still trying to get my pup not to poo in the house .lol..luckily they are good poos ... easy to clean up . But its frustrating when you take your pup out for 30 minutes and he poops as soon as he comes back in the house.

I got him when he was 10 weeks ... he now is 6 months ... my family bought him for me ... and they were lead to believe that the breeder NEVER had him out of the house(maybe not even out of his crate).... so when I got him and took him to the yard for the first time he was scared of the grass.. (he never saw it before) so he pees outside for the most part now so I think he has come a long way. HEloves snow now as well ... (was scared of it as well at first). I think he will come around..... he is a good boy .... we just have some potty issues to deal with.


HE gets scared really easily .... can anyone give me some advice to teach him not to be afraid of cars? (he is in a fenced in huge yard ,,, just the sound of a car (he cant see them due to the fence) makes him want to run in the house so that is one of the poo problems... if a car comes before the poo...he will go in the house. Do you think that he will get over this fear with time?

This really isn't much help, but I would rather a dog be afraid of cars than want to take off running after them. Neither behavior is really good though.
Snickers should out grow the fear though. Mally has outgrown a lot of his fears.
 
This really isn't much help, but I would rather a dog be afraid of cars than want to take off running after them. Neither behavior is really good though.
Snickers should out grow the fear though. Mally has outgrown a lot of his fears.

i sure hope your right... i would have hoped that if he was scared he would come running to me for protection.
 
UPDATE:

I contacted the Sheltie Rescue Group and they will take him. :yes: The very nice lady at the pound actually had contacted them. The rescue group told me that she always contacts them if she has a Sheltie come through. We are all still praying that the owners claim him. He obvoiusly was very well taken care of. Any number of things could have happened to have lost him so I never jump to conclusions about him having bad owners. Because he is suspected to be deaf, he may have gotten frightened over something and gotten out of a yard, or pulled away from someone and ran or could have been let out of his yard by someone else, etc. You never know.

Anyhoo, the rescue group sounds absolutely awesome. They know what they are doing and will care for him and train him and evaluate him and have the resources and time to find that perfect forever home for him. I would have taken him in a heartbeat, but I couldn't talk Richard into it. He pointed out that Ellie's numerous health problems have cost us $$$ and another dog is more food, more vet bills, another crate, another leash, more toys, more poop and peep (lol) and overall more $$$. We are on a very tight budget (Richard is legally blind and on disability). So, I am now confident and happy that he will find that perfect home (even if it's not with us--we would have for SURE been perfect, lol). I am also skipping on air that he will not be put down under any circumstances. Richard agreed we would have definitely taken him to save him from being put down had it come to that but that is not going to be the case now. Both people have my name and email address and both have promised me to keep me updated.
 
I'm not going to stop ya..so your asking the wrong person here.And personally..if he is a stray,shame on his owners for even giving him the opportunity to stray.I don't think they deserve to have him back.

And if he is deaf..it's a double shame shame on them.You would think they would be taking better care of him,so he does not get in harms way..

I hope you DH & you are able to give him a home he deserves.Good luck!

Sometimes, it's not the owners fault.

We had 2 Shelties. We would put them out to go potty, about 10 minutes. (Yes, alone.) One day, Misty, a 12 yo, who was mostly deaf, didn't come. My mom was in Virginia, so my dad and I took Bear, her son, out. He tracked her through our woods, and lost the scent.

We put up flyers, went house to house looking for her. We didn't find her until my mother got back, a week later. A couple had taken her, knew she was an oldie but cared for, and held her for us.

Turns out, Misty had chased a deer and gotten lost.

The dogs still go out alone at my mothers. (Not at my house, though.) They always come back, except for that one time.

But by your reckoning and judgment, we don't deserve to have them/her.
 
Back
Top