Somebody stop me! Lol!

UPDATE:

I contacted the Sheltie Rescue Group and they will take him. :yes: The very nice lady at the pound actually had contacted them. The rescue group told me that she always contacts them if she has a Sheltie come through. We are all still praying that the owners claim him. He obvoiusly was very well taken care of. Any number of things could have happened to have lost him so I never jump to conclusions about him having bad owners. Because he is suspected to be deaf, he may have gotten frightened over something and gotten out of a yard, or pulled away from someone and ran or could have been let out of his yard by someone else, etc. You never know.

Anyhoo, the rescue group sounds absolutely awesome. They know what they are doing and will care for him and train him and evaluate him and have the resources and time to find that perfect forever home for him. I would have taken him in a heartbeat, but I couldn't talk Richard into it. He pointed out that Ellie's numerous health problems have cost us $$$ and another dog is more food, more vet bills, another crate, another leash, more toys, more poop and peep (lol) and overall more $$$. We are on a very tight budget (Richard is legally blind and on disability). So, I am now confident and happy that he will find that perfect home (even if it's not with us--we would have for SURE been perfect, lol). I am also skipping on air that he will not be put down under any circumstances. Richard agreed we would have definitely taken him to save him from being put down had it come to that but that is not going to be the case now. Both people have my name and email address and both have promised me to keep me updated.


and again those damn Men with their voices of reason!!! lol
err no offense to the fine gentlemen in this forum, of course LOL

But in reality good for you, better to take care of Ellie... and maybe once circumstances change another little Sheltie face comes along to make you reconsider :)
All in all a great happy ending!
 
Im glad he is going to a sheltie rescue. I hope his familyy is lookin for him. If not, he will find a wonderful forever home. Hes a handsome boy
 
I'm happy to hear that he will be in a happy, caring place until he finds his new forever home. Lahree, it was so nice of you to be concerned about his well-being.

This is the second time I've heard that the humane society called the local sheltie rescue and it makes me very happy!
 
Sorry Lahree.:cry: for hijacking your thread.. I meant no disrespect.

I hope that beautiful dog gets a great forever home.


I sometime tend to go off in my own world... So I apologize.

It's fine, no harm done. It's just better to stick to one topic in a thread. :smile2: It sounds like you need some good advice and I, myself ,have asked a bazillion questions in this forum and gotten lots of helpful advice. So the questions you wanted answered deserve their own thread so you can be the best Sheltie parent you can! :smile2:
 
Yes, darn husband for being realistic! LOL! :rolleyes2::razz:

I am absolutely thrilled that the pound and the Sheltie Rescue work so closely together. Our local pound has changed a lot. It used to be a horrible, horrible place to go with uncaring workers and crammed quarters for the animals and horrible heating/air for the animals as well. It was an inhumane place for animals to be. The local Humane Society (of which I am a member) started a crusade about 4 years ago to get it changed. We have gotten money from the city for improvements, had fund rasiers, gotten donations. It is still a work in progress, but oh how the place has changed! I have a dear friend who buys toys for the animals with extra money she saves specifically for that purpose. She also sews beds. The animals are in much, much, MUCH better condition and the animals photos and bios are posted in the internet as you saw from the original link on this nice boy. I was very pleasantly surprised when I found out that the woman from the pound responded to my email query within minutes and sounded very kind and compassionate. I was even more thrilled to find out she works closely with local rescue groups like Sheltie Rescue and truly seems to have the animals best interests at heart.

It makes me feel wonderful that this boy will go to a caring place to await his forever home!

P.S. I agree! He really needs a MANLY name! Lass??? Come ON!!
 
Adopted!

Well, "Lass" got adopted! He never even made it to Sheltie Rescue, lol. I pray he got a fabulous home and his new people renamed him!!! :lol:
 
I am absolutely thrilled that the pound and the Sheltie Rescue work so closely together.
I search the local papers, forums, and craigslist for Shelties in need. Sometimes when I find one, I'll tell our rescue's director but she's already on top of it. But she said she doesn't contact no kill shelters unless they need our help. She has drove all the way up to Philly a few times to rescue a Sheltie from a high kill shelter.
 
Back
Top