Teaching a class

Haha that would be fun! But gosh...where to start with such a diverse crowd?!?! What do you think..targeting? I think that has to be the most basic foundation skill.

I think that would be great. A target on the flat, then perhaps a target on the other side of a jump. You could send little agility enthusiasts home ......
 
Congrats on being ASKED to teach. How awesome is that! But yes, what is up with the 7:30am thing? Oh wait, is that due to the heat? Yikes. I'd love to see videos of that. Tell your hubby to tape some of your first class. hehehe.
 
I think that would be great. A target on the flat, then perhaps a target on the other side of a jump. You could send little agility enthusiasts home ......

Start with teaching how to get a dog to tug, and tug 'etiquette' nothing more than getting your dog to love the tug as a foundation, lol
Flatwork, lol... definitely target then circle work! Make them get the sexy stuff like jumps and tunnels later ;) lol
 
Start with teaching how to get a dog to tug, and tug 'etiquette' nothing more than getting your dog to love the tug as a foundation, lol
Flatwork, lol... definitely target then circle work! Make them get the sexy stuff like jumps and tunnels later ;) lol

I think I've been doing this backward...

We don't use targets at ALL when doing our agility stuff. And I got Duncan tugging after we did the sexy stuff. But he does love to tug and knows when it is mine and when it is his.. mostly. He goes after it if I hold it too low and he isn't currently engaged. Sounds like a new thread...

Again, I love to learn all different methods of learning, teaching, handling, etc.
 
Start with teaching how to get a dog to tug, and tug 'etiquette' nothing more than getting your dog to love the tug as a foundation, lol
Flatwork, lol... definitely target then circle work! Make them get the sexy stuff like jumps and tunnels later ;) lol

Ember hates tugging. 5yrs, all I've got in that area is grab the tug and pull straight back with the wimpiest of effort. I don't dare move my hand around or she'll drop it and pout. If I had waited until she was a tug fiend we would never be doing agility.
 
Ember hates tugging. 5yrs, all I've got in that area is grab the tug and pull straight back with the wimpiest of effort. I don't dare move my hand around or she'll drop it and pout. If I had waited until she was a tug fiend we would never be doing agility.

hahaahhaha, Ms Ember!
Toffee wasn't crazy about it either, I swear he is embarrassed doing it around other dogs, at home he is CRAZY about it.. so my homework continues to take the tug EVERYWHERE we go, lol.. try to get him tugging even when on walk through the neighbourhood, etc. etc
 
Back
Top