Teaching a class

Very cool (besides the 7:30 AM part). You must be very proud of yourself that your instructor thinks that your handling is solid enough to teach a class. Kudos to you and your hubby :biggrin2:
 
What a fun experiance that would be for the two of you and an honour that she feels you are ready. But... 7:30 is way to early and I would thing to early for the dogs too.
 
I just know that the two of you will do well. You're still close enough to the beginning stages to remember what it feels like when you're first learning, and you're good with people. Some instructors are great with dogs and not so good with people.

I'm the weirdo who would sign up for a 7:30am class in a heartbeat! Even on a Saturday. :biggrin2:
 
I just know that the two of you will do well. You're still close enough to the beginning stages to remember what it feels like when you're first learning, and you're good with people. Some instructors are great with dogs and not so good with people.

I'm the weirdo who would sign up for a 7:30am class in a heartbeat! Even on a Saturday. :biggrin2:

Thanks! I'm glad that we would at least have you in our class :wink2: We actually took the 7:30 am class last year, so we know what it's like.

Here even in the beginning of fall it's still very hot and humid. Having a class at 7:30 allows us to do some sequencing without everyone getting too hot and worn out. But--it does cut out some of our fun Friday night activities! :lol:
 
Here even in the beginning of fall it's still very hot and humid. Having a class at 7:30 allows us to do some sequencing without everyone getting too hot and worn out.

Haa... Never thought of that says the Minnesota girl. :smile2: We have our class at 7:00 at night. But I guess since this is a beginner class that people aren't actively showing any dogs. I could never do such a class because my dog(with or without me) would be off at a show every other weekend.
 
Ashley -

I'm sure that you and Jonathan will do a super job.

Maybe we can get you to conduct a practice lesson on Saturday at the sheltie gathering ????
 
Ashley -

I'm sure that you and Jonathan will do a super job.

Maybe we can get you to conduct a practice lesson on Saturday at the sheltie gathering ????

Haha that would be fun! But gosh...where to start with such a diverse crowd?!?! What do you think..targeting? I think that has to be the most basic foundation skill.
 
With all the pups so wound up, I would be surprised if it were productive. It would be really neat to hear the different techniques and stories, though!

I feel like packing my bags now even though we aren't leaving until Thursday morning.
 
With all the pups so wound up, I would be surprised if it were productive. It would be really neat to hear the different techniques and stories, though!

I feel like packing my bags now even though we aren't leaving until Thursday morning.

Good point :lol: I will bring some "targets" just for fun anyways (if I remember).

I am SUCH an over-planner. I am in the middle (literally) of a mid-term and I am making a list of things to bring this weekend. :razz:
 
Back
Top