Teddy lost his back yard for this week

Well I'm off Teddy's List. :)
This afternoon I was sleeping in my Chair in my office and all of a sudden I had Teddy in my lap and he was licking my face and alttle hyper.

So I listen and from the other room I hear one of Teddy's least favorite humans my mother-in-law who happens to have a very high squeaky voice calling for him to come back. (It's not her fault her voice is very high pitched but...)

He decided instead to turn around and take a nap with me in the recliner. To just make sure I am off the list,I gave Teddy a new smoked femar to chew on and I am pretty sure he forgives me for the lack of fries.
I guess we have done ok, this is our first big spat.
Thanks everyone for the suggestions I do appreciate them and they are always welcome. I am never to old to not learn a thing or two. Thanks again.
 
Well the good news is Teddy can use his backyard again. He can't use the festival area until the stuff is cleaned up even though everyone is gone.
I was surprised at how many people brought dogs to the actual festival and they were either trying to hide or were grazing off food people had dropped. :)
 
Teddy taught me a valuable lesson.

Last night Teddy did not touch his dinner at 8 pm when he normally gets fed. At 9 pm my wife and her friend took him for his long walk for the day. I found out later they walked through the festival grounds thinking it was ok because they mowed during the day. At this point all is good. We went to bed and he is acting totally normal.

At midnight Teddy wakes me up and insists on going out.I grab my shorts and out we go. He proceeds to have explosive diarrhea and then grass scoots. I bring him in an clean him up and we go back to bed. At 2 am he wakes me up because he is eating his dinner. (I have been feeding 1/3 cup 2 times a day and until he finishes I won't give him any more but I don't take it away)

In the morning my wife takes him out before she goes to school and he always pees and poops. Today no poop. So now I am worried. I give him his breakfast and he eats like he hasn't seen food in a year.

So being a bright male (not) I decide the solution is to walk him more today than normal. As some of you know walking is not one of my strengths with my handicap but we put in 5440 steps during the day and he peed on each walk and at 8pm he ate normally.That was 3 meals no poop.

So I take him out at 9 pm and my wife comes out tells me we are in the wrong place and they go on with out me, 5 minutes later they are back and the bag is full.

I am at the conclusion that he was enjoying himself so much today that he didn't do it because I wanted him to. I guess we are going to try to increase my distance and see what he thinks.
 
Last edited:
This falls into the category of just who is training whom....:ROFLMAO:
Seriously though aside from a change in routine due to diarrhea, it's pretty handy to teach them a command for eliminating. I find this especially handy if we are traveling with the dogs. We say "go piddle" and "go poop" (and they know the difference!) but you can use any word or phrase you like. When he starts to go, give the command and reward him right after. He'll catch on quick.

Hope you get a better night's sleep tonight!
 
Honest,I was using the go poop command over and over.Sounded Like Come on Teddy please go poop, no luck but the pee command worked Everytime.

I know I am the pushover, but when you love something it is not that unusual. Teddy makes my retirement bareable. He is the most gentle Sheltie I have ever known
 
Back
Top