The little @#*!@!**

no ankle biting her...yet at least.

pico had a restless night and we had a pee break in the middle of the night.
I had a crap night as well, so I gope he was just reacting to me.
I told him he only gets to sleep with me If I get to sleep.
if he keeps this up its back to the kitchen!

oddly enough, he didn't seem interested in going to my bedroom last night, he kept going to the kitchen.
I'm thinking he was after the food, but it is obvious he doesn't WANT to sleep with me.
 
Sounds like Blueberry:ROFLMAO:….I say she wants what she wants when she wants it:lol:
I’ll be chatting with my mom and suddenly I have a dog in my lap lol! If I’m in the kitchen and she wants something she’ll jump at the back of my legs and bark at me. If she’s VERY insistent she’ll take a little nip on my arm or leg (very little, and no amount of me going OUCH has any affect on her). She’s very pushy and bossy! Must be a girl thing.

Oreo's "happy place" is in my arms. If he wants to be there he either jumps up or he paws at me until I pick him up, sometimes even nips at my legs. Then once I do pick him up he kind of sighs and settles in. He clearly missed the "Shelties are not lap dogs" puppy class!
 
So far Pico has never climbed into my lap. although he never complains when he is there LOL
I wouldn't say he is bossy...but very assured!
but then, I am his life so I try and be balanced about things.
and he really gets the towel time out. I just throw it over his head and he lays down and chills out for a few minutes.

I do have to be more careful about him getting underfoot. I have stepped on him a few times (and in close quarters where I can unstep on him).
especially with the plantar fasciitis boot, I know it hurts the little guy
 
Oreo's "happy place" is in my arms. If he wants to be there he either jumps up or he paws at me until I pick him up, sometimes even nips at my legs. Then once I do pick him up he kind of sighs and settles in. He clearly missed the "Shelties are not lap dogs" puppy class!
Kismet's the same. She just leaps into my arms all the time, even when I'm standing; although as she's gotten older she sometimes misses.
 
Our girl does the Sheltie nip thing too- she does not catch skin tho and it is kind of funny- glad no skin is involved-- she also does the foot swipe when you walk away from her sometimes-- she is a little scamp ----our male is much more polite:)
Ya, Blueberry doesn’t grab skin either, it’s more of a pinch:ROFLMAO:. I can’t even go to the bathroom without them and Blueberry will nip my arm or leg if I don’t pat her…she’ll come right alongside the toilet:lol:. And I have Finnie who backs up between my legs wanted scratches:lol:…poor Piper has no room to come to me but I seriously don’t need this attention at this time lol…but your right, the boys are much more polite than the girls!
 
I do have to be more careful about him getting underfoot. I have stepped on him a few times (and in close quarters where I can unstep on him).
especially with the plantar fasciitis boot, I know it hurts the little guy

Ours are horrible at lying directly behind you when you stand and I don't know how many times I've nearly taken a flyer to avoid stepping on one of them nor how many times I have stepped on a paw that was all but under my foot... poor dogs...
 
Ours are horrible at lying directly behind you when you stand and I don't know how many times I've nearly taken a flyer to avoid stepping on one of them nor how many times I have stepped on a paw that was all but under my foot... poor dogs...
Yes! Mine are always underfoot especially when I’m in the kitchen! I have a small kitchen (U shaped) and Piper does tend to lay in a corner along the cupboards which is fine…it’s Finnie who moves from place to place so he’s constantly behind me. Sometimes I’ll tell him OUT becomes I’m always trying to avoid him (I really need those eyes in the back of my head:ROFLMAO:)…rather than listening lol he’ll go and lay beside Piper which will get him a pass. So long as he stays there lol!
 
Back
Top