The little @#*!@!**

The key is keeping the room dark and me on the couch. I really think his crying jags at night are all about boredom and loneliness.

not 'because he loves you'. I can't believe some people.....he's 4 months old. I'm a big dog toy who feeds him!

Pretty much like a baby.. like birds in a nest -- who gets fed the most, yeah the loudest most aggressive chick so all of this is natural instinct behavior. You raise an interesting point about what we are to them- I have also often wondered-- what do dogs really feel/think about us?? Are they capable of feeling complex emotions like we do or are they mostly instinctual?? I know we are an important part of their "pack" and as the dominate (hopefully big dog) they attach to us more than their "peers". But at whatever sentient level? We are important to them and they want to be with us and maybe that is enuf. I was petting my big guy this morning and when I finished he jumped up on the couch and began licking my leg and he just kept on and kept on-- I groomed him with my hands and he groomed me in his own way and tho I had to wash later, in its way we had a bond.. guess we will never know but somehow it feels right. BUT first we have to deal with that puppy stage which is both fun, comical and a lot of work-- good luck it can be frustrating at time.. like kids... I wonder about other animals? I had a friend when I was young that had a pet baby skunk- it was not descented and a grad student who had an adult skunk again not de scented and they all got along fine (btw skunks do not make good pets)-- I guess I have always been fascinated by the Dr Doolittle story...and wonder what we miss by our standoffishness in regards to the animal and insect world--I was a beekeeper once and so I had to include insects..:)
 
he really likes the stuffed bunnies in the carrot. he like the trunk with squirrels in it (not so much the squirrels though).
he also likes to chew a stick (cat toy...mouse on the end)

the flirt pole helps me out, since I am often laid up in a boot on my couch (plantar fasciitis).
I had the tree trunk attached to it last night for a while and that was a winner!
 
his fur is still very fuzzy...I think he is from a slower maturing line (irrespective of size).
And thats only a few of his toys! His toy box is quite full :)
and of course that doesn't count all the socks and TV remotes he tries to steal...
Of course because everything is a toy to a puppy lol! Blueberry still wants the toilet paper roll when she sees me empty the roll (as does Finnie:ROFLMAO: and he’s 5)…sometimes I give it to her, depending on whether I feel like cleaning up her mess or not lol.
 
Back
Top