The little @#*!@!**

Today I scooped Pico up as he was pooping. Poor guy wiggled out and fell as I was moving him to the proper are :(
he was screaming over and over for so long I was afraid he was seriously hurt.
then he was all better.
Guess he's a drama king?
 
But have you ever noticed that they always lay in front of the cabinet you want to get into. Or when they are watching you work with food they have a stance that would make a show judge smile. :)
Well you do know that Sheltie’s stack naturally. I’d get dirty looks from other breed handlers because of this lol!
And Piper lays along the cabinets in the hopes of food falling lol!
 
Today I scooped Pico up as he was pooping. Poor guy wiggled out and fell as I was moving him to the proper are :(
he was screaming over and over for so long I was afraid he was seriously hurt.
then he was all better.
Guess he's a drama king?
It is possible he did hurt himself but it could’ve cleared up. Kinda like when you bang your shin…hurts like the dickens initially. I don’t think dogs have it in them to be dramatic, that’s more a human thing.:biggrin2:
 
I do have to be more careful about him getting underfoot. I have stepped on him a few times (and in close quarters where I can unstep on him).
especially with the plantar fasciitis boot, I know it hurts the little guy

He'll learn quick enough. Kismet stays clear of my legs and is never underfoot, she learnt early on to avoid feet and watch my balance (I have partial paralysis). Actually they all did (Deska and Tully and Kalypso) - when they were young I used a walking pole and fell a lot, with Kismet I use a walker. The only two who are always underfoot, dangerously, are the two I got as adults - Della and Katkat - and they have never learnt to keep clear, even after standing on them or tripping on them. So I guess it's something they automatically learn as puppies.
 
But have you ever noticed that they always lay in front of the cabinet you want to get into. Or when they are watching you work with food they have a stance that would make a show judge smile. :)

I can't see what they're doing when I'm preparing food. They are either tucked up against the cupboard under the bench I'm working at or Kismet is bouncing behind me to see over my shoulder.
 
Deacon is too uptight to lay down for long - and in the kitchen, there is always potential for food so he's never down - constantly in motion. May sit if I stand still for a while.

When Brodie was young, I stepped on his tail a few times so he quickly learned to follow close, but back up and dodge if needed.

I love when I am at my butcher block - they are each off to the side, watching carefully. If I drop something on the block, they look to the floor, they must think there is a magical hole there that they cannot see.

Drama... Pico may have just gotten a boo-boo and then recovered. We were out walking last week, Deacon was fine, then all the sudden he was limping. I carried him the whole way home and I do swear he was smiling. There was no repeat of a limp that day or since.
 
Back
Top