Trimming ears and around ears

I'm going to send you a pic of my hound dog, Bacca, so you can photo shop how I should be grooming his ears! Yey! Free Consulting from Lightpulm! :biggrin2:
 
Wow Im ranked up there with the poop chute...Im honored:lol: how often can you say your proud of that award!!LOL!!!!

And here is my painting of my girl where you can really see the "Heart" shape of the head...It was my fav pic of her and an artist I know asked if she could paint it...and than of course once I saw what she did I had to have her do one for me too!! She did such an amazing job she even did one ear pinker than the other as it was in the photo...I was amazed! anyway enough of me blabbering:lol:
 
Love the photoshop-ing job --- very helpful and creative. I've missed something though regarding the heart shape.... Is this natural or something to achieve through grooming ?
 
you achieve it though grooming its the general shape you want the top of the head with the ears to create like the top of a heart..that is why when doing ears make sure to pull them in so their ears arent on the side of their head.
 

OK here is the touch up pic..it was a little hard to do the fur infront of his ears as it was a side ways looking pic I tried to show his right ear but he had soo much fur infront of it that it kept on adding more fur!!!ggrrr :) ...When you trim his ears cut the top tips that are almost touching his head short so there appears to be a larger gap than there is, and trim just a bit of the fur infront of his ears down a little bit (so he doesnt appear too sparse). this should help so he doesnt appear too low set.
 
Last edited:
Wow Im ranked up there with the poop chute...Im honored:lol: how often can you say your proud of that award!!LOL!!!!

And here is my painting of my girl where you can really see the "Heart" shape of the head...It was my fav pic of her and an artist I know asked if she could paint it...and than of course once I saw what she did I had to have her do one for me too!! She did such an amazing job she even did one ear pinker than the other as it was in the photo...I was amazed! anyway enough of me blabbering:lol:

LOL! I think your instructions and diagrams have raised the bar! Great job!

This painting is gorgeous. I love how she did everythng on the picture. I get really aggravated when I see statues, paintings, etc.. and they never capture those beautiful sheltie eyes. Your artist sure did capture her eyes with your girl! When these artists do squinting eyes, horrible.

I can't wait for the feet and hocks. The back legs??? I trim most of the hair short above the ankle on the back, and I don't think that is right.
 

OK here is the touch up pic..it was a little hard to do the fur infront of his ears as it was a side ways looking pic I tried to show his right ear but he had soo much fur infront of it that it kept on adding more fur!!!ggrrr :) ...When you trim his ears cut the top tips that are almost touching his head short so there appears to be a larger gap than there is, and trim just a bit of the fur infront of his ears down a little bit (so he doesnt appear too sparse). this should help so he doesnt appear too low set.

No worries! I just thought I would give you a little challenge! You did such a tremendous job in your last makeover!!!! OK, I bad!

And I still maintain, that you could do Extreme Makeovers: Sheltie Edition!
 
Back
Top