Trying to choose a breed, help please

You betcha it was not safe...

2,000 Accidents Reported in Record Setting Ohio Snowstorm

OHIO - A record setting snowstorm has buried many parts of Ohio, shutting down highways around the state and stranding travelers in airports. The late-winter storm dumped more than 20 Inches of snow on the state's capital, Columbus.

At least 9 counties have closed their roads to non-emergency traffic leaving anyone caught driving subject to arrest unless it was an emergency. Around 2,000 crashes were reported to the State Highway patrol and the storms have resulted in at least one death.

Better we waited a week and everyone is safe!

Safe travels to you and please send along some pictures when you can! :yes:
 
You betcha it was not safe...

2,000 Accidents Reported in Record Setting Ohio Snowstorm

OHIO - A record setting snowstorm has buried many parts of Ohio, shutting down highways around the state and stranding travelers in airports. The late-winter storm dumped more than 20 Inches of snow on the state's capital, Columbus.

At least 9 counties have closed their roads to non-emergency traffic leaving anyone caught driving subject to arrest unless it was an emergency. Around 2,000 crashes were reported to the State Highway patrol and the storms have resulted in at least one death.

Better we waited a week and everyone is safe!

Safe travels to you and please send along some pictures when you can! :yes:

Oh wow! Definitely not that would have been scary, so glad you waited a week!

Thank you and I certainly will! I just heard back from the rescue and I guess the place that's a little over 2 hours away is where she's located at her foster home so we will have to make the drive. I will just do whatever I can to make go as smoothly as possible, if anyone has any tips let me know! :smile2:
 
I am very excited for you!
Depending how well your new girl does in the car, it could be a long ride...Be prepared for whining and her not settling well.

Cheerios as treats to help her calm down are cheap and easy!
playing relaxing music might help,too.

Good Luck!

Cindy
 
I don't know what is typical for this particular rescue group, but when I was fostering I would often offer to meet the new adoptive family part way with the little dog they had been OK'd to adopt if they had circumstances that made a long drive difficult. You could always ask...the worst that can happen is that they say "no".

Trini
 
I hope it goes well !!!!!

I had a long drive getting Kaleigh and Savannah, we ran into traffic issues. So both times getting my puppies were longer than I imagined. Savannah got car sick...poor baby-so I had to pull over and get her all cleaned up...and Kaleigh cried/whined for the first 20 mins...

My point is be prepared for any scenario...I had NO idea they had planned to move an oversized load down the road I was taking and I had to sit there for 30 mins. UGH...
 
I am very excited for you!
Depending how well your new girl does in the car, it could be a long ride...Be prepared for whining and her not settling well.

Cheerios as treats to help her calm down are cheap and easy!
playing relaxing music might help,too.

Good Luck!

Cindy

Thank you and thanks for the tip, we almost always have cheerios lol!
 
I don't know what is typical for this particular rescue group, but when I was fostering I would often offer to meet the new adoptive family part way with the little dog they had been OK'd to adopt if they had circumstances that made a long drive difficult. You could always ask...the worst that can happen is that they say "no".

Trini

Thanks for the idea, the lady said the foster parents will call me with info on the address/directions so maybe I'll ask them then. We are planning for August 31st to go meet her, can't wait!
 
I hope it goes well !!!!!

I had a long drive getting Kaleigh and Savannah, we ran into traffic issues. So both times getting my puppies were longer than I imagined. Savannah got car sick...poor baby-so I had to pull over and get her all cleaned up...and Kaleigh cried/whined for the first 20 mins...

My point is be prepared for any scenario...I had NO idea they had planned to move an oversized load down the road I was taking and I had to sit there for 30 mins. UGH...

Oh goodness that's not hopefully we won't have to much trouble but I'll definitely try to be as prepared as possible for any scenario. Thanks for sharing!
 
Gosh I hate the waiting game just one more week until we get to meet shilah! No update really, I did talk to the foster mom she did offer to meet halfway but as we talked I decided it would be nice to see her in an environment she is comfortable with and use to. So we will make the drive and arranged it so that we can make stops if needed without being in a time crunch. The foster mom sounds very kind and I'm sure it will be a pleasure to meet them as well.

I asked a few questions that I could think of off the top of my head and have more that I will ask when we meet them. They have a 3 year old grand baby so they know she does well with that and don't think she will pay much attention to my 6 month old either. She said shilah is really into balls and always wants you to throw a ball and that's what she cares about most haha. They feed her blue buffalo and will give us some to start off with but doesn't think I will need to be to cautious ttransitioning her to our food (Fromm) they say she has an iron stomach. They go on one walk a day that is about 1-1.5 miles long which is perfect for us but also said we could go on another and she would be happy with that to.
 
Nice with an update - I think you have chosen the right solution, by meeting Shilah "at home" :yes:

- remember to write the questions down, gradually - once you see Shilah, then you definitely forgets all about your questions. :lol::lol:

- personally I would change the food over 4-6 days, especially since there's so much going for her at the same time !!
 
Last edited:
Back
Top