Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

University of Georgia for diagnostic testing

Discussion in 'Diseases & Illnesses' started by 2GoodDogs, Oct 28, 2020.

1. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    I hope that the dx you get tomorrow will be something easily treatable and your Justus will be OK. I am sure tonight will be a very anxious time as you await tomorrow's results. Good thoughts coming your way.

Trini

Sharon7, Calliesmom, Hanne and 2 others like this.
  2. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    I'm praying for you 2Good for positive results. I can only imagine how difficult it must've been for you to leave him there.

3. TheDailyPainter

TheDailyPainter Forums Enthusiast

Sep 19, 2019
    Wishing you and Justus the best!

Sharon7, Calliesmom and Piper's mom like this.
  4. tofu pup

tofu pup Moderator

Aug 28, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    I'm thinking of you and your family, especially Justus. I hope that you are able to get some rest tonight, and that you have only good news tomorrow. It sounds like he is in good hands at UGA and they are treating him like the VIP he is.

Sandy in CT, Piper's mom and Sharon7 like this.
  5. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    All good thoughts and wishes for you and Justus, hoping for a good diagnosis. So very hard to drop them off and leave them, but he'll be back with you soon. Love that he turned on the Sheltie charm! I almost didn't get Faith back from the new vet at my vet clinic (regular vet was unavailable for her annual exam), I guess she really turned it on also!

6. 2GoodDogs

2GoodDogs Forums Enthusiast

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    My first report didn't stick. Probably because I was crying so hard I hit the escape key or something. I wish we could escape the diagnosis and prognosis...

Nasal Carcinoma. Advanced, it is invading his skull and neurological symptoms are expected. The vet gives him a week to a month.

Hanne and Piper's mom like this.
  7. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Oh no 2Good...I am so so very sorry:cry:....
    I have no words..I'm shocked, I was so hoping for better news.

Sandy in CT likes this.
  8. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA

I am so sorry to hear this devastating news for your beloved Justus. We lost a wonderful dog to nasal carcinoma several years ago. The one thing to carefully watch for is seizures. Even if you had gotten an earlier dx this is an aggressive cancer and sadly even early treatment doesn't make much difference. I hope Justus will have some good comfort time left to enjoy life. A dx like this is such a shock and just heartbreaking. Again, I am so very sorry.

Trini

RikyR, Sandy in CT and Piper's mom like this.
  9. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Crapola. I am so very sorry for you and Justus. It will be a difficult time, watching him closely, I did this with Brooke and her bleeds. My humble advice is simply to cherish the time you have left, living only in the moment as best you can. I know it's a nightmare that you just wish you could wake up from. Post as much as you want if you need support or just want to vent; we've all been there and we get it completely. :hugs

RikyR and Piper's mom like this.
  10. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    soo very sorry to read this- was hoping for something else............
    wish I'd taken some pix while we were there......

Sharon7 and Sandy in CT like this.