Wait... what? Puppy?

I meant to post before about her ears. The breeder did glue them for me before she came, but to my surprise, they are just pulled up on her head a bit by ear hairs glued and twisted together. Her ear leather is very thin, and so they are tipping by themselves without being glued down. I know when she starts teething in a few weeks that might change but so far the glue is holding up and she just looks like her ears are already good!
 
What a gorgeous face and marking she has.

I'm hoping for a Blue boy in our future, but we'll have to wait until the never-ending renos are finished. Five months and counting for a basic reno so I could sell the house. And I still don't have a bathroom, which I think is an essential for a puppy.
 
12 weeks old yesterday, measuring about 11.5 inches or a little more. Even with a treat she wiggles so much it's hard to measure but she's closing in on 12 inches. Just growing like a weed. Went over to my neighbors and asked to borrow their two boys for a bit, so they came over and played with Juno. Nicest kids, aged about 10 and 12 and so polite! I explained to them the need for socializing Shelties in particular. They played tug toy and soccer ball with her. She's now worn out and snoozing in her gray bed. Will try and get some new photos. The hair around her face is growing so much - it really is almost scary how much coat she already has.

She is getting a bit more physical in playing with Meadow, grabbing her legs, jumping on her, grabbing fur. Meadow does correct her but not as strongly as she could/should so I make sure to give time-outs.

I was gone with Meadow for a bit yesterday and when I came home my hubby said Juno and Elijah had finally played chase in the yard, and he seemed happy enough about it.

It's getting old with her in the stroller though just because she cries and barks and complains because she'd rather be out with the other two running around. I can't wait till she can walk with us. Next shots are Jan 14.
 
I remember Blueberry at that age so I can imagine what a bratty age it is for Juno to be. Blueberry at that age she was unstoppable with the jumping and biting of the other dog’s fur! Unfortunately my guys never corrected her and she still does it at 4 years old! Nothing is better than the adult dog giving the correction!
I will say that although it took some time Finnie and Blueberry are the best of friends and they play together several times a day, chasing each other and then they take turns with one dog on the floor and the other dog standing over the other and snout jousting. I’ll have to get video as it’s so entertaining to watch. It warms my heart to see them play because for so long Finnie was at the bottom of the totem pole and he would only watch as Piper and Blueberry would play. About a year ago, I guess as Blueberry got a bit older it all started to change and they got along better. There is hope yet for Eli and Juno.
 
I think in time Juno will learn to play differently with different dogs....
I worried that Pico playing wit the friend's terrier mix would doom to him to rough playing, but he seems to be better at playing more gently with other dogs now.
and even a cat LOL..

but yes, the later stroller days were a challenge, he started chewing the sides, the doors, and the cushioned crate pad on the bottom.
so much energy! I miss the little brat so much
 
Back
Top