Chris your and Dr. Shelli's stories brought tears to my eyes. I was searching for a puppy to give Maggie a new friend after us loosing our Katie to cancer. I kept looking at puppy pictures and would think "no- does not have Katie's face, she had lots of brown on her face like Maggie. I had emailed a breeder and she finally had a litter coming- the day came that she sent pics of the litter. They all had dark faces-darn. Well we went to see them at 5 weeks and I fell in love with all those black faces. Then waited for her to decide which ones she wanted for show. Week 8 arrived and I had my heart set on the middle boy but he was to be grown out for show, so it was between the big boy and the little boy. We sat for hours watching them.I knew I love them more on the big side, so we went with the big one.
That day he was so busy playing with his siblings and did not pay much attention to me- well looking back at our videos...he did as did his brother.
Well from almost the moment we got home Zak has been my boy and I could not of picked any better of a choice for Maggie. He is so good with her and she adores him. On a visit to the breeder a few weeks later she still had the one I really liked the looks of and he was more wild than Zak and would not of been a good match for Maggie. May not of gotten the one I was "looking" for but got the best one. Plus a great friendship with his breeder.
That day he was so busy playing with his siblings and did not pay much attention to me- well looking back at our videos...he did as did his brother.
Well from almost the moment we got home Zak has been my boy and I could not of picked any better of a choice for Maggie. He is so good with her and she adores him. On a visit to the breeder a few weeks later she still had the one I really liked the looks of and he was more wild than Zak and would not of been a good match for Maggie. May not of gotten the one I was "looking" for but got the best one. Plus a great friendship with his breeder.
