Being into dogs is "uncool" :(

A true friend would not make fun of your interests, but encourage and support your interests.

So well put.

It also becomes personal, as your dogs are family. Dog "people" understand completely where you are coming from and we support you wholeheartedly !

Sounds as though you made a sincere effort to reach out. It's regrettable that pride gets in the way of relationships.
 
Ashley, as much as it hurts, it sounds like you are better off without them. You did the right thing and tried to talk about it like an adult. They are acting very childish.

We've all got your back!
 
One other thing. Your title made me remember a fine bit of wisdom I was once told.

"There is nothing more pathetic than a 30 year old guy trying to be cool"
 
Do what I do.

Block them and move on. They can't read your stuff. You can't read their stuff.

Ignorance is bliss. :biggrin2:

By making this thread you did exactly what they wanted you to do. They know they hurt your feelings and that they go to you.
 
Do what I do.

Block them and move on. They can't read your stuff. You can't read their stuff.

Ignorance is bliss. :biggrin2:

By making this thread you did exactly what they wanted you to do. They know they hurt your feelings and that they go to you.

This is what I was going to suggest. It is very easy to block them, delete them or hide their posts.
 
Let me post something on YOUR wall about passive aggressive b*tches who can't appreciate real friends :)
I know I am being childish, but whatever, I hate them :)
Luv ya
Irene

PS: I lhonestly love people that lack tact and are mouthy :) :biggrin2:
 
I agree - block their facebook pages. It's obvious that there is a problem on their end when you have offered to talk it out and they won't. Losing friends is always hard in these circumstances. I have a 26-year-old niece who thinks her opinion is the only thing that counts and a 55-year-old sister who both caused me a lot of heartache because of things that happened around my mom's funeral. I would take the friends acting like this any day over the way family can act.
 
Thanks everyone :) Your kind words, and nice posts made me smile.

I know that you are all right...it's not worth me getting upset. But, losing friends is never fun, even if you know it's for the best. Obviously I no longer want to be friends with them, but I thought they were better than that.

Oh well--who needs them when I have Sheltie Forums?! :biggrin2:
 
Ashley, I was SERIOUS
let me do it, will ya? :)

Trust me, I've considered (and laughed out loud) posting some really evil things...my husband really wants to do it too. But, I'm going to just ignore it. Maybe they will get tired of it if I don't react. (It's like children...if you ignore them, they eventually grow tired of trying and give up)

It just makes me mad...if they don't want to be our friends, why don't they just leave us alone!?! Any DON'T bring my dogs into this!!!! :mad:
 
Back
Top