Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Bereavement Support Thread

Discussion in 'Sheltie Angels' started by Cindy, Feb 14, 2023.

1. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    :hugs:hugs:hugs

How’re you doing Cindy? Know that your in my thoughts and prayers.

Ann, Sharon7 and Ron Atkinson like this.
  2. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    I am going through pictures. I didn't get an iphone until 2015, so the number of pictures and videos really takes off then. Puppy pictures not nearly as many. for some reason, shutterfly is a huge pain, much more so than I ever remember. They are killing their share sites in a month, too. So I need to make sure I have those pictures saved, too. I do still have a lot of his younger pics (pre-iphone) posted at clkreder.shutterfly.com/gavin

RikyR, Chris, Ann and 1 other person like this.
  3. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    I talk to my little stuffie my sheltienation friends gave me.
    mostly in the evenings.....it helps. I tell him how much I love him.

RikyR, Chris, Ron Atkinson and 3 others like this.
  4. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Glad it could give you some comfort....:hugs

Ron Atkinson, Piper's mom and Ann like this.
  5. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Its been 25 years since I didn't have a pet, and back then I had a roommate.
    Going through photos has been bittersweet.
    I took A LOT more photos when I got an iphone in May of 2014.
    So lots of pictures once he was 7, not so many when he was between a year and 7.
    and lots of videos. I wonder if my old digital frame would play those...

RikyR, Ann, Ron Atkinson and 2 others like this.
  6. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    I’m sure you could transfer them over to a format your digital frame could play.
    I do know the Echo Show can play photo’s (not sure about videos) and that Amazon Prime has free photo storing for members.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2023
    Sharon7 and Ron Atkinson like this.
  7. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    I got a cheap one from amazon. turns out many do NOT play videos. including Echo Show
    I am still very sad about the lack of pictures from 2009-2014.
    I know we went hiking most weekends; I can name the places. Mission Peak (dunked him in a cattle water trough it was so hot), Windy Hill (there is a BIG hill), Pulgas in winter (foxtails and poison oak in summer), Redwood State park, Montara Mountain (nice and foggy)......the nearby places that allow dogs.
    I know we went to my friends horse ranch several times a year.
    and golden gate park in the summer when it was too warm to hike elsewhere. and the beach, obviously.
    I just didn't take pictures (digital camera, my cell phones didn't really do that well). Gavin's young adulthood.....

Piper's mom and Sharon7 like this.
  8. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Everyone here has been so kind, I am overwhelmed with how much people love Gavin and understand the grief I feel. He was such a special boy.
    I am mostly through my pictures....uploading and organizing that is. The shutterfly book is another thing alltogether.
    Mom Update.... her surgeon was quite positive and she is thinking she might have surgery as early as end of March (so a month earlier than we thought).
    Lots to do to get ready, including reminding work that I am still a reasonably valuable person to keep around.
    That means I will be going back to St Louis in early April. Without my boy. But I will take a stuffie ;)

RikyR, Chris, TheDailyPainter and 5 others like this.
  9. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    I'm glad you are feeling supported, and that you are keeping busy organizing photos. I'm an unproductive mess after losing a fur kid. Mostly I end up taking long walks in nature areas while crying. It's tough when you need to be a productive employee as well and since I was a nurse the emotional strain was taxing.

Earlier the better for surgery I would think, your mom is so fortunate you can be with her. It will be hard for you at first without Gavin for comfort and distraction, but we will be here for you.

Piper's mom, Ron Atkinson and Ann like this.
  10. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    You will take us too, Cindy, in spirit, prayers for your mom and hope. With your stuffie! :hugs

RikyR, Piper's mom and Ron Atkinson like this.