Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Bereavement Support Thread

Discussion in 'Sheltie Angels' started by Cindy, Feb 14, 2023.

1. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    I know. I did ask why they just didn't get her to rescue so she could have a loving forever home.
    Because if things don't go as planned, and my friend won't be able to take her in a month, she deserves better than another temporary home.
    Bulldogs are also a breed that can't exist without people (obligatory c sections and all), and I know they must have paid a decent amount for her.
    But they also didn't mention giving her back to the breeder, which all good breeders do.
    But then this family apparently has done this before (not the mom, my friend, but her son and daughter in law).
    So much drama....

2. Ron Atkinson

Ron Atkinson Premium Member

Oct 5, 2019
    Sugarcreek, Ohio
    That is very nice of you to do a short term foster.I bet it will be a lot different than having a sheltie around. I hope you have a little fun while you're doing it.. :)

Piper's mom, Ann and Sharon7 like this.
  3. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    looks like they are going to try and keep the dog...
    sigh....I have a feeling she will end up with my friend in a few months.
    poor thing

Piper's mom, Ann and Sharon7 like this.
  4. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    It's hard to be on the outside looking in on these kinds of situations, when what's best for the dog isn't necessarily what happens. Still very nice of you to offer to foster temporarily Cindy. I once had a little King Charles spaniel mix for a very short term foster after her spay. She absolutely stole my heart and fit immediately in with the Shelties at that time, but she already had an owner waiting, so it was OK.

Thanks for being willing to be the safety net for this 6 month old pup.

Ron Atkinson and Ann like this.
  5. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    So today when I came into work this was waiting for me...

Gavin.jpg

Dana and I used to walk our dogs together at the beach and local parks until her dog passed away.
    So maybe when Gavin was 8-10.
    She and I worked together at a company 10 years ago and at my company now.

RikyR, Chris, Calliesmom and 5 others like this.
  6. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    OK, I cried. So lovely and thoughtful. It's heart-wrenching to lose them, but oh the memories. :hugs

RikyR, Ann and Ron Atkinson like this.
  7. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    she apologized for not using a different pic (it was ordered before she found my online pics).
    But its perfect. Gavin sitting on the couch looking at me with such love in his eyes.
    and you can see his little leg is naked, so it was after he had his radiation.

the memories are EVERYWHERE. literally there is not much I did that didn't involve him.
    walking to the ATM (he came with), going to the library (he came with), taking a shower (OK, he didn't come with, but he checked in on me so I left the door cracked so he could stick his little nose in), exercising at home (he would always end up laying on my grey puzzle mats towards the end of my workouts, just to say 'hi').

RikyR, Piper's mom, Ann and 2 others like this.
  8. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    I'm with Sharon, tears flowing. :cry:

Piper's mom likes this.
  9. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Gavin touched so many people...
    I really appreciate how many people have reached out to me.
    He wasn't just 'my' special boy.
    I am still on dog wheelchair and paralysis groups to try and help people deal with mobility issues in their dogs ...so my boy can continue to help people and pups.

10. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Going Through my mammoth posts from years pasts for pictures...
    remembered I have a vimeo account for videos..

One of my favorites even if it is super dark
    Gavin eating popcorn with me

RikyR, Chris, Ann and 5 others like this.