Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Brooke - not good news

Discussion in 'Senior Sheltie Health' started by Sharon7, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Another emergency pill this morning. I know time is short and getting shorter, if she needs a pill almost every day. The regular capsules twice daily are not cutting it anymore. I got some baby food into her, had to wipe it on the roof of her mouth, then she decided, OK this tastes pretty good, and licked the rest of it up. I find I have to "prime the pump" sometimes to get her to eat.

She is definitely weaker between bleeding and not enough calories, but can still walk out to potty, and I can carry her if it comes to that. No signs of pain, so important to me, obviously.

I have an important doctor's appt tomorrow afternoon and I am just praying she is OK until that is over with. My hubby is going to come home early from work to stay with her. I know it's selfish in a way to think of myself but everything has really revolved around Brooke since January, and some things just need taking care of for myself. Stomach is in knots until it's done tomorrow. (Been fighting a chronic lung infection with a nasty resistant bacteria for 9 years, may have finally licked it now, waiting to find out.)

Would appreciate prayers/kind thoughts/putting it out there in the universe for her to not have a real crisis before tomorrow late afternoon. :fl

Caro, Hanne, ghggp and 1 other person like this.
  2. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    Brooke is so lucky to have you, and you are lucky to be able to be with her so much through this.
    Good on hubby for coming home to take care of her during your dr's appt.
    I am sure she will be fine, and happy to be with your husband,

KarenCurtis, Sharon7 and ghggp like this.
  3. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Prayers for your doc appt - be calm and careful driving. So glad your husband is such a supportive partner in all this! Thanks for the post - was worried about you all!

KarenCurtis, Sharon7 and ghggp like this.
  4. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    When Piper was a wee pup I had a dream we were in a dog park and he was attacked by a dog. I've never set foot in one! It was so real and scared me!

KarenCurtis likes this.
  5. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Sharon, I hope you get a clean bill of health at your appointment tomorrow.
    You hubby holding down the fort will help ease your mind that she is not alone.
    We are all praying that you are OK and little Brooke holds on a while longer.
    Virtual hug to you, your husband, and most of all dear Brooke.

Hang in there... you are one strong soul!

KarenCurtis and Sharon7 like this.
  6. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    I know that stress and worry about our precious pups can take a toll on our health too. I'm glad you're taking care of yourself, Sharon, and I hope your doctor's appointment gives you a clean bill of health. Sending good thoughts for you, and for poor Brooke too.

KarenCurtis, ghggp and Sharon7 like this.
  7. trini

trini Premium Member

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate ny
    Sharon, prayers for your sweet Brooke and for you. Trini

KarenCurtis, Sharon7 and Hanne like this.
  8. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    Good Luck at your dr appt!

Sharon7 likes this.
  9. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Well my own news is good, lung infection appears to be gone, tests were negative. Very happy about that. Brooke hung in there. Her gums are quite pale though and she is weak. The bleeds are coming so close together that she doesn't have time to reabsorb what goes into her abdomen. But she still follows us around the house when she's not sleeping, I feel bad if I change rooms because she feels she has to get up and join us.

I want to thank everyone for their support, understanding, kind words, thoughts, prayers and listening ears and hearts. I think I will end the posts now on this thread as there are no bright spots anymore to report. She will leave us soon, days at most I think. THANK YOU, EVERYONE, I appreciate you all.

Brooke yard.JPG

Sandy in CT, RikyR, ghggp and 3 others like this.
  10. trini

trini Premium Member

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate ny
    Sharon, I hope when the end comes that it will be peaceful for your beautiful little Brooke. I know how heartbreaking a time this is...I am so sorry.
    Trini