Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Coat density question

Discussion in 'Grooming' started by ghggp, Nov 5, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Sage

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Wow! She was a beauty!

Sandy in CT likes this.
  2. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Thank you for the kind compliment. Yes she was, and a funny, sassy little girl, full of fun and not an ounce of guilt ever. We miss her tremendously. She came into our lives unexpectedly after Skye our first Sheltie passed, and it was the best thing that could have happened.

Sandy in CT likes this.
  3. SRW

SRW Premium Member

Jul 17, 2018
    Ohio

Devon has the same issue. He never had a thick coat to start with, and last June when he was a year old he blew his undercoat and it's never come back. He's 17 months now and his coat is really thin. Also, and this is very strange, his dark hair isn't growing but the white hair is. I had him groomed for the only time in his life so far last May when he was 11 months old, and six months later his dark hair has hardly grown if at all. You can still see the perfectly straight edge line in his dark hair at his sides from when he was groomed. The white hair on the other hand has grown and it's gotten long on his chest and belly so I'm going to have to have him groomed again, but this time with instructions not to cut any of the dark hair, but just do the white.

My previous sheltie, Baron, had the thickest coat you ever did see on a sheltie, so I'm not used to this.

4. Darren

Darren Premium Member

Nov 1, 2019
    What a beautiful Sheltie, the difference in coat though is amazing!

SRW and Sharon7 like this.