Cost for Grooming?

I just took in Angel and Tiara to be groomed. To have both get the the full treatment it was $97. They got clipped, nail trims, belly trim, sanitary trim, ears dematted etc. She said they were never more than two feet from each other and were very well behaved.
 
I pay about $30 for Phebe. I think it will be a bit more when her coat really comes in, because I used to pay about $50 for Foxy, and she had a huge coat.
 

Attachments

  • 2664888016_844c240aaa_o.jpg
    2664888016_844c240aaa_o.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 21
I always groom my shelties myself. I used to have a Bichon that had to be groomed every 6 weeks, or you'd never get the knots out. I called a groomer and asked how much and they said $40.00. A few days later I took him inside the groomers and asked how much and they said $30.00. I think it depends on how hungry they are at the time. Of course, here in California, jobs and money are really scarce(sp?) now. People will take whatever they can to get by.

I'd call around anyway (or drive around in my case).
 
Last edited:
I paid 40.00 for Deja's first grooming at 6 months. To be honest, I thought it was a rip-off. The groomer came well reccomended and had her own sheltie on site. I expected a proffesional that would embrace my Deja's structure and enhance her look..

When I showed up at the shop there was this not-so-pleasant looking gal in sweat pants and beer stained T-shirt. Thr place stunk of 'icky' stuff (I choose to believe it was NOT the groomer smelling this way.)

After a three hour inner war with myself (ok one minute but felt like three hours), one side argueing that I had actually seen shelties she had groomed and they were beautiful and the other side well.. I mean seriouslly.. BEER STAINED T-SHIRT!!!..

The fact that I had an appointment and would have to make a scene to take Deja away finally swayed me to leave her. As I looked back in the 'grooming' chamber I caught a slight glimpse of what looked like a bi-black sheltie with pink hair.. did I really see that? No.. not pink! It was the hardest day I had all summer. One of my managers pulled me aside asking me if I was ok..

I told him what happened and what I was worried about.. He assured me that even bald, Deja would be beautiful.. I was more worried about Deja being PINK.

When the time came to go get her, I was so excited to see her with all four limbs, I paid for the job and ran!!

I took Deja to the office and sat her down to see what miracles 'Beer T' had done With my puppy.. I was astonished! she had managed, in just four hours to take my money and not touch my dog..

No hairs touched.. no nails trimmed.. she even smelled the same as when I dropped her off..

I have been doing her gooming with my wife ever sense then. Mike helps with the shows and Deb (another sheltie friend) has been there to give us tips, **thanks Deb for showing me how to line comb!!!
 
Before the 'great grooming disaster of 2008' I paid about $120 for Deska and $80 for Tully to be groomed - which is pretty standard around here. The mobile dog washes only cost $40-60 but they dont groom and usually their fur was still damp after a wash.

I brought a dog dryer for about $350 and it is worth the money! I've never been game to go to a groomer again.

Here's before and after pics of Deska's grooming incident - see if you can pick what she did.
 

Attachments

  • pre disaster.jpg
    pre disaster.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 33
  • Grooming disaster.jpg
    Grooming disaster.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 37
I paid 40.00 for Deja's first grooming at 6 months. To be honest, I thought it was a rip-off. The groomer came well reccomended and had her own sheltie on site. I expected a proffesional that would embrace my Deja's structure and enhance her look..

When I showed up at the shop there was this not-so-pleasant looking gal in sweat pants and beer stained T-shirt. Thr place stunk of 'icky' stuff (I choose to believe it was NOT the groomer smelling this way.)

After a three hour inner war with myself (ok one minute but felt like three hours), one side argueing that I had actually seen shelties she had groomed and they were beautiful and the other side well.. I mean seriouslly.. BEER STAINED T-SHIRT!!!..

The fact that I had an appointment and would have to make a scene to take Deja away finally swayed me to leave her. As I looked back in the 'grooming' chamber I caught a slight glimpse of what looked like a bi-black sheltie with pink hair.. did I really see that? No.. not pink! It was the hardest day I had all summer. One of my managers pulled me aside asking me if I was ok..

I told him what happened and what I was worried about.. He assured me that even bald, Deja would be beautiful.. I was more worried about Deja being PINK.

When the time came to go get her, I was so excited to see her with all four limbs, I paid for the job and ran!!

I took Deja to the office and sat her down to see what miracles 'Beer T' had done With my puppy.. I was astonished! she had managed, in just four hours to take my money and not touch my dog..

No hairs touched.. no nails trimmed.. she even smelled the same as when I dropped her off..

I have been doing her gooming with my wife ever sense then. Mike helps with the shows and Deb (another sheltie friend) has been there to give us tips, **thanks Deb for showing me how to line comb!!!

This is why I groom my own dogs I invision them coming back dyed or all their trimmings hack off. Actually I only do all the grooming on Justice and Ember. I am forbidden by her co owner to do anything to Diva but bathe her ,linebrush and do nails.:smile2:
 
Before the 'great grooming disaster of 2008' I paid about $120 for Deska and $80 for Tully to be groomed - which is pretty standard around here. The mobile dog washes only cost $40-60 but they dont groom and usually their fur was still damp after a wash.

I brought a dog dryer for about $350 and it is worth the money! I've never been game to go to a groomer again.

Here's before and after pics of Deska's grooming incident - see if you can pick what she did.

Is that the same dog?:eek2: Were did all his hair go?:(
 
Not only did she strip his coat - if you check out the mane you will see it looks uneven, thats because she shaved it all round the middle! Deska's mane gets a bit knotty from his collar - easily gotten out with a spray of water and a brush, except the groomer did what she does with 'clipped' dogs and just shaved the knotty area out (did it at the back of the head and ears too). I would have preferred a pink dog!
 
Back
Top