coyote stage!

and this is why he is a little brat...
you should see the looks I get when I discipline him in public!
like 'how dare you scold that cutie'

and the patchy fur is weird...Gavin didn't really have that in his coyote stage, but then he was a fast grower and a big boy so maybe he just sped through it.
It looks like he needs a good grooming but combing him has no affect on it.
 
I've only had 3 puppies, and they all kinda grew up differently. My little Ally came at 1 1/2 years, she did not come into her full adult coat until age 3 and then it was HUGE. Our first girl Skye definitely had coyote stage, Asta not so much. Meadow never really had an awkward looking stage. I believe her rear end started filling out long before her chest hair.
 
And one day you will look up and realize his big dog coat is coming in. Just brushed Ian, his coat is coming in. Not an Angus coat (he was 90% hair) but he is catching Spitfire who does not have the coat he used to. Getting to be an old man at 12.
 
Deacon was 15 3/4 lbs and 13 1/2" at 25 weeks. He hasn't grown much at all, added on about a pound. He's a great portable size though. Pico must have the cutest puppy face ever - I am in love....
 
Back
Top