Delay in gastric emptying

Liam will be having surgery on Wednesday

I just got back from the vet's. The barium test showed a twisted large intestine. Liam will be undergoing surgery on Wednesday. Please keep us in your prayers.
 
Oh wow! So sorry to hear this.

I will keep you in my prayers tomorrow for a successful surgery for Liam. You are such a good furmom for getting him to the vet right away. That has got to be so uncomfortable for him. Poor baby boy.
 
I just got back from the vet's. The barium test showed a twisted large intestine. Liam will be undergoing surgery on Wednesday. Please keep us in your prayers.

I am glad that they figured out what it is. We will certainly be thinking of you and Liam tomorrow.
 
Twisted bowels can happen for a variety of reasons. The vet is not sure why. It could be a simple twisted intestine that can be untwisted, it may be the middle portion of the small bowel twisted around it, it may be the intestine doubling back on itself (think of folding a sock back on itself). We won't know how extensive the surgery will be until the vet goes in and starts the surgery. Needless to say I am a basket case right now. I have lost two dogs to illness and don't want to lose a third boy. Maybe I should not have boy dogs.

Thank you all for your prayers and good thoughts. Surgery is booked for 10:30 tomorrow. I have to work so it will be an extremely difficult day and difficult night. We will not know how long Liam will be there until surgery is done.

Once again, I cannot emphasize enough to know your dog. If I hadn't known Liam so well, I would have missed this. Thank goodness I had the foresight to put him on my pet insurance.
 
Sending lots of prayers your way for Liam's surgery tomorrow. This reminds me of something we see frequently in horses when they need colic surgery. Procedures have come a long way in the past 20 years; hopefully, Liam's surgery will be simple. We'll be on pins and needles with you till it's over.

Sending you hugs!! :hugs
 
Waiting to hear of the good outcome for Liam. He's young and strong and has you to watch out for him. Healing thoughts are coming his way.
 
Thanx all of you - the support means so much at times when I wonder how much more I can take.

I admit - I am very scared. I know what bowel surgery is like in people as I work for a general surgeon. Liam was just so listless tonight - he reminded me of my Hamish that died overnight at a vet after over three years of pancreatitis. I just pray I don't lose my LiLi.
 
Back
Top