Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Dog Wheelchair

Discussion in 'Senior Sheltie Health' started by Cindy, Oct 7, 2018.

1. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    What a wonderful idea for the soft paws to help! Great idea.
    My boys are enjoying the cooler weather too! So very glad Gavin is over his illness too!

Calliesmom and Piper's mom like this.
  2. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    Gavin, you just keep going!!!

Calliesmom likes this.
  3. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    Gavin is 35lbs...I have carried him since he was a puppy during potty training so he is incredibly good for me. I always had him on his back like a baby cause I figured he wouldn't mess on himself :)

Our weather has gone back up again to 80+, but it does eventually cool down at 2-3 AM. And Gavin wants to go out then. Even after a couple of potty walks in the evening. He will prance on the one spot in the bedroom not covered by a rug until I wake up to the noise of nails on wood.

Piper's mom, Sharon7 and Calliesmom like this.
  4. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    I figured out where all the foxtails are coming from! I have seen Gavin just laying in my yard chilling out several times over the past 2 weeks. Now, my yard is just dirt and weeds, and I do go through to check for foxtails weekly. Maybe 10ft by 20ft. The concrete patio is 4x8, and a wooden deck is 6x12. He normally hangs out on the patio for coolness, the deck to sun himself. Why on earth he wants to lay on dirt is perplexing...especially as he has never really shown that inclination before

I have to pull them out of my bedspread daily, as they apparently just fall off of Gavin! I do plenty of petting of Gavin so any on him usually get taken off pretty quickly. Although this morning I was trimming his belly fur as it can get a little unsanitary and inside one clump I found a foxtail! That kinda blew me away.

5. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Yep, know that drill well... we call it manscaping around here! Beau Beau carries a huge coat and requires trimming his private areas quite frequently to keep him tidy.
    It just cracks me up how he just lays there and let me go to it... so trusting! That blows me away!

Piper's mom likes this.
  6. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Seriously, Gavin just rolls over and lets me use a small pair of scissors! He isn't even that trusting of my with a dremel around his toenails!
    Now, he isn't nearly as accommodating with brushing either. I can get his outer coat but he is really wiggly about letting me brush out his chest fur

ghggp and Piper's mom like this.
  7. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Sage

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    That's a big boy to carry lol! It's funny but Riley enjoyed being carried too. It's like they don't realize how big they are and like the view from up there lol.

ghggp likes this.
  8. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Gavin always looks incredibly indifferent to being carried. Although he will put his head on my shoulder if he can.
    He is my big furry teddy bear :)

ghggp and Piper's mom like this.
  9. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    So now that it is cool, Gavin doesn't hit the bathroom floor at night. So he rotates from his dog bed to my bed about every hour or so!
    That webcam is really darn useful.
    He is getting pretty good at gently popping up on the bed. I got a new topper that is an inch or so shorter and I think that helped.

Calliesmom and Hanne like this.
  10. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    When your dog stroller is as big as a crate..... IMG_6301.jpg