Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

I am so out of touch with the cost of a Sheltie!

Discussion in 'Considering a Sheltie?' started by Lahree, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Lahree

Lahree Forums Enthusiast

Dec 15, 2008
    North Texas
    Yes, that could be the case, this dog originally belonged to the interim owner. She is a pup from the interim owner's female. She is crazy about this dog and I am told that the dog is enjoying being back with her mom and one sibling. If it was meant to be, I believe it will all work out. :)

Pam and ghggp like this.
  2. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Yes, fate has a way of working itself out. What is meant to be will happen.

3. Lahree

Lahree Forums Enthusiast

Dec 15, 2008
    North Texas
    :)

4. sable

sable Premium Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Ohio
    It is amazing the cost. I paid $600 for Lil' Lady. $2000 here will get you a sheltie with an
    underbite. If dentition is perfect $2,500. When I investigated pups I was not happy with
    my investigation, so Buck the Mini Aussie fell into my lap.

5. Pam

Pam Forums Enthusiast

Mar 4, 2017
    Ann, when I got Beau (I'm in NJ) 2 years ago, breeders around me were all charging ~1200. There was an extremely well-known and reliable breeder in CT charging the same. Of course, this was for pet puppies, ones that for whatever reason were not show possibilities. Beau's mom (in PA) was a champ and was at Westminster, so unless prices have soared in the last 2 years the going around me is about 1200. I'm hoping prices haven't soared as Beau needs a sibling soon.

danisgoat likes this.
  6. Pam

Pam Forums Enthusiast

Mar 4, 2017
    How do you find the differences between mini aussies and shelties? I've thought about a mini aussie.

7. sable

sable Premium Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Ohio
    Little behind. Buck is a little demanding like Lil' Lady. He loves to play like Lucky. Buck of course is
    a herding puppy also. I think they are kind of similar. Buck does Aussie Zommies like my shelties did, but
    darn he is fast. He is a climber also like Lucky and can jump like like him also.
    He is very intelligent and catches on quickly. Buck is learning slowly to listen to me when he is outside.

I think each dog has their own personality. Buck sure has his. LOL. Lil' Lady and Lucky were sure
    different.