Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Justus and Flyer 2018

Discussion in 'Obedience' started by 2GoodDogs, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    we are all the weakest link..... wish I could be there to help you....
    soon- in Ohio.
    got our confirmation stuff today- RAE class did not fill- that must be how we got in.
    Cran is the first dog in RAE group 2 which is good and bad- I won't be comparing us to anyone else before we go in but also don't get to watch everyone else before we go in...

2. 2GoodDogs

2GoodDogs Forums Enthusiast

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    Oh boy, it's June already and on the 27th it's Ohio or bust!!! I just entered Justus in a local trial we need Master legs 9 & 10, and the last preferred utility leg to wrap his his titles. :) Justus will do agility this fall.

Flyer is practicing his over enthusiasm and strategic marking. Grrrr... We are having a neuter celebration in July. :D

Oh, and his breeder just had a litter of sable merle! I want!

Piper's mom likes this.
  3. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    wish we had a trial to enter for practice....
    we won't be able to do any more Master legs until maybe Aug.....
    can't wait to see you guys:yes:

4. 2GoodDogs

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    Saturday June 23, I took a 100 in Rally Masters with Justus ... wow! Surprised me!!! Then we NQ'd on Sunday... from 1st to worst... hmmm, that was an omen. :D

Then Flyer at the RNC missed the broad jump and our first round was an 89. I knew we were not leaving with a ribbon! But, I did not expect that i would totally screw up our 2nd run. Opps, IP here, IP there, and IP again, and... then, my final move - another IP. Oh well, I was over it as they say, my nerves were shot and I'll live to trial again another day! :D

I still have awesome dogs. :)

5. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    you do have awesome dogs- it was so great to see you and Flyer in Ohio and to meet all your friends.:yes:
    That second run was the hardest course that I saw that day............:pop:gaah

6. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Premium Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    You do have awesome dogs...congratulations on the 100! Live and learn I say...you'll do better next time!

7. 2GoodDogs

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    We've been lazying around, too hot to do much. :) So what do I do? Sign up for an online class. Flyer is in week two of Debby Quigley's online Open class. It's good stuff! I saw Debby in a seminar at the AOC years ago and adored her "larger than life" persona. And boy howdy does she have some awesome dogs! So we have been indoors doing homework. His Drop on Recall isn't as perky as I like, he drops, but really - I think more than one stride after the command is ugly. And the command discrimination exercise isn't quite up to par... so Justus is laying around and Flyer is getting all the work. :D I've also - for the first time ever, tied the scent articles to a peg board to teach Flyer that he's actually searching for the scented article and not just the first one he can grab. Three dogs have successfully (and easily) learned the scent discrimination exercises the way I do it, and then there's Flyer who is going to make me work outside my box! (he's not a boring dog, and although very smart and willing to please, he's um... different. :) )

Justus and I will go to Greenville this Saturday morning and if I can do my part right ... we could come home with his Rally Master title! :) Oh I hope so! I've had two NQ's now and my rally confidence is a bit shaken! Family is driving to watch us, gulp... no pressure or anything. eek!

Flyer is just along for the ride, he's not doing anything but studying for his Open debut this fall. He has his Preferred Open title, but we finished that before the new exercises.

Another neat thing, Justus has qualified and I'm thinking this is our last shot at being eligible for the Obedience Classic in Orlando. We just gotta go once, right? This dog has done so much for me, I want that experience with him!

hope you are all enjoying the summer and haven't been in the path of some rough weather, it's pretty crazy in places!

Ta for now...
    Joan and Justus and Flyer

Cara Sandler likes this.
  8. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    Greenville? the club with the awesome title ribbons? I looked at going back there but not in the current cards....
    just remember to breathe and read the signs- follow the arrows.......:yes:

online classes are awesome- although we've never done obedience or rally online. might need to look into that...
    we might need drop on recall tips- neither brown dog drops in that spot.......

yes- go to Orlando. we won't be there but if you've qualified you need to go......:fl

we do have a rally trial coming up in early August- will let you know how it goes.........

9. 2GoodDogs

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    [QUOTE="Calliesmom, post: 375168, member: 14]rally trial coming up in early August- will let you know how it goes.........[/QUOTE]
    Yes please!!!

10. 2GoodDogs

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    Yes please!!![/QUOTE]
    Sure wish there closer!