Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Justus and Flyer 2018

Discussion in 'Obedience' started by 2GoodDogs, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    poor Flyer but it will be ok. that would be hard to have one at home and one at the vet when they are used to being together......
    You can have a cookie with your wine so that it isn't so bad tonight.
    My Happy dog had a heart murmur- it was pretty amazing what the vet could get done with him without anaesthesia- he was never under the whole time that I had him.....

ghggp likes this.
  2. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Poor Flyer...
    Overnight is better to be safe!
    It sucks... as I would want to pick them up as soon as possible!
    When I had Laddie done and the vet said I had to leave him overnight I burst into tears! He eventually let me take him home!

3. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Premium Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Poor Flyer! He'll settle down and stop marking quickly though, Piper stopped marking literally the day after being neutered! A year later now and he does mark again but only on our walks, never indoors and not in the yard (prior he would mark directly on top of the other dogs pee in the yard!). Also made him much more cuddly. I'm hoping Finnie doesn't learn to mark (Piper I walked on a flexi and he had the freedom to mark), Finnie is walked on a regular leash and I only let him smell occasionally...he hasn't even pee'd on a walk yet lol.

4. 2GoodDogs

2GoodDogs Forums Enthusiast

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    Thanks! Flyer came home at noon on Friday and has been just fine. Not bothering his incision, but where he was shaved for the iv is getting his attention. I've been reluctant to keep the cone on him as much as is prescribed (like ...always!) and he thinks leash walking for potty breaks are just a weight pull competition. I win though, because I'm alot of weight to pull. :D

We have worked his scent articles and that gives him much pleasure, as he's not getting to do much of anything else. :D

Piper's mom likes this.
  5. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    sounds like he'll have lots of practice with articles- that's a good thing....

gotta say, Jocu and Destin didn't get shaved for their ivs- thanks to the head vet tech- she's awesome.
    I'd mentioned Christmas pictures coming up when Jocu went in so she wanted him to look his best and did the same for Destin later even though his wasn't close to the holidays:winkgrin:

Piper's mom likes this.