When a pup I've bred sells, I don't go 'well, that just bought me a new living room suite'.
lol-I do!

Then I go...crap...puppy shots/vet/worming are at least 200, gotta send food and toys with them, all of mama and daddy's health testing had to come from somewhere...crap, mama needed x-rays and other pre-puppy testing...crap...puppies need formula and goats milk...oh, and all of the show fees. crap...needed new scissors and brushes...there's another 100. oh, needed another crate...theres another 50...
Well, I was going to make over 2000. (Saying 6 puppies at 400 each)...now I'm in the hole over 5000. How the heck did that happen?

Yeah, to the average person, it looks like you're going to make a bunch of money. When you add everything up, you're in the hole much, much farther than you'll ever be able to get out. Unless you produce a "Phantom" that you can sell for 100,000.



I've seen up close what a puppy mill looks like and how it operates. Not proud of that fact, but I can't change the past (and I'd never trade him for a million dollars
). Puppy mills, in some ways, are more sneakier. They work on a larger scale.