Monty is coughing/choking almost none stop

Thanks for the update, Darren! You are not bad, you were only trying to be thoughtful as to not overload us. That said, we look forward to your daily updates now! ;)
Hopefully, the doctors will be pleased enough with the test and his progress to release him to your care!
Trini said it best... with everything that has happened to him he is unsure and fearful as all of his normal routines and safety net have been broken.
I am sure with him being back home he will come around and understand he is safe once again! Blessings to you both!
 
Thanks for the update Darren, hopefully today will be the last day Monty has to stay in at the vet!
I agree with the others, he's had a very traumatic experience being as sick as he was and having to be left during the day at the vet. I'm sure once that's done and hes back home full time he'll come around and be back to his old self quickly.
 
Trini as usual was spot on. The vet is a scary place even with Mr. B there. He will come back around once he's home full time but it will take a bit of patience. Just carry on with your normal routine with him and that should reassure him. I really hope he's home for good after today with you and the girls to love on him full time.
 
Darren, hospitals are scary places for a little dog...they are not only having a lot of stuff done to them but they hear other animals crying in pain or fear and they can't understand why they are there and not home. Monty doesn't know that soon he will get to stay home 24/7 and be back to the security and the family he has grown to love and count on. Having both owned and fostered many rescues I know they can carry life long emotional triggers when things suddenly change. Once Monty is home full time and not having to return to the hospital during they day, he will regain the confidence and happiness that he had found with you...it may take a bit of time but it will come.
Trini

Thank you for that Trini, I'll just keep working on it and (I never thought I'd say this) get him back causing none stop trouble. It has just been hard to see as he had come so far from being a terrified little guy to a confidented ball of mischief lol. I'll take my time and hopefully get him back there again. :)

Looking forward to a full release report today! :fl:fl:fl
I must have missed something, what are they doing to him all day at the vets?

It would be easier to say what he hasn't had done lol.
He's had scans/tests/blood, medication, IV, Fluid flushes, Oxygen/breathing rehab, monitored for breathing problems, physical rehab as he hadn't/wouldn't move there's prbably a lot I've missed :unsure: When he has some tests/scans etc he needs to be semi sedated which means he has to stay in all day as well aparently.

Thanks again everyone :hugs
He is now home for good but with twice weekly checkups. If he still struggles with his breathing though then he has to go back in. Scans all came back good except a "shadow" on his lung which they need to investigate. It could be nothing, a little fluid that's still clearing etc, nothing to panic about yet as his other tests were good. I've just got to give him his medication and monitor him for now. They'll do follow up scans a little later next week. On a plus he had a tiny bald patch on the top of his leg but it can be covered up with fluff so he is nearly looking like his old self :)

Anyway, so you don't have to picture it, here he is 15minutes ago standing at the door to go out for a pee :) :lol:

Monty158.jpg
 
Last edited:
He REALLY looks good for all he's been through! So happy to hear that he's home to stay! As Trini said, time, patience and his routine plus your love will get him back to where he was. And I bet it will take much less time than it did when you first had him. Prayers will continue for his healing and the news that the spot on his lung disappears. It's been the Week from Hell for you and Monty, and I bet it seems like a lot longer. I hope you can both catch your breath now and relax. Please keep the pictures and updates coming....we love them! :yes:
 
Sigh of relief! Will save huge sigh of relief till that shadow is gone!
How much can he move around now? He can obvi go out for a pee. Is he eating well?

He's walking now, just very slowly and not very far. He gets out of breath if he stays on his feet too long but it's better than he was 3 or 4 days ago :). He's drinking his milk with no problems, his eating is hit and miss. He eating a little boiled chicken mixed with some softened kibble sometimes. Other times he's not interested...but he is still eating something every day. We are getting there, I can see his improvements each day so that's what is keeping us going.


He REALLY looks good for all he's been through! So happy to hear that he's home to stay! As Trini said, time, patience and his routine plus your love will get him back to where he was. And I bet it will take much less time than it did when you first had him. Prayers will continue for his healing and the news that the spot on his lung disappears. It's been the Week from Hell for you and Monty, and I bet it seems like a lot longer. I hope you can both catch your breath now and relax. Please keep the pictures and updates coming....we love them! :yes:

Thanks Ann, he LOVES laying down getting brushed now (he wasn't too keen before all this). I think it's helping him feel pampered and secure so he is getting a little brush 2 or 3 times a day now....I've got no excuse for him to be messy lol. His little face is MUCH brighter now as well and he has that little sparkle in his eye, that's how I can tell he's getting better :)
 
Back
Top