New posts - one way or the other

Old setting/new setting?

  • I liked the old setting. Please change it back.

    Votes: 20 47.6%
  • I like the current setting. Please keep it.

    Votes: 22 52.4%

  • Total voters
    42
  • Poll closed .
And a one. And a two. And a three.

Ahem.

Smuff would like it a bunch
If you would put down your lunch
and vote for the old waaaaaay
Because you see
the new way is confusing to me
and I'm tired of reading the same threads 15 million tiiiiiimes
When I go away and then come back in
my pout sets in
because sometimes random threads I missed don't show uuuuuuppppp
So do a favor for this pup
Do the right thing and vote
because if you don't
then we might stuck with the new waaaaay
The new way is really bad
it makes me plenty sad
because when
somebody gets a whim
and makes a post on a thread
right before I log off to go to bed
for some reason the new system considereds them reeeeeaaaaaad.


We are Smuff, and we approve this message.

This message paid for by the time people who are tired of missing threads or seeing the same thread for 15 million years. :razz:
 
I agree. However, I do think people get comfortable with doing things a certain way & there is a level of unease when learning a new way.

OK everyone, it really is easy. I promise! :biggrin2:
  1. Each time you visit & log in, click on "new posts" from the forum homepage. The list of new posts will come up.
  2. Click on the thread you want to read by either starting with the first page, any page in between, or the last page.
  3. When done, click on "new posts" again. The thread you just read will no longer be there IF you have read last page. If you read only page 2 of 4, it will remain until you look at the last page.)

Those of you who vote no, have you tried the instructions I posted above?
 
Those of you who vote no, have you tried the instructions I posted above?

WOuld that be No we hate it this way change it back? Than that would be me...and Yes I have tried those helpful tips however......
Im going to need xanax if the forums stay this way and devolope an eye twitch to go along with it...
you have to do the 1 2 3 no wait, no wait, wait for it...ok quick no new posts quick hit all read...ohhh shoot someone posted in the time it took me to click mark all read...no I missed it.....:rolleyes2:

ohh wait I already read this thread 10 times in the last 30 minutes...nope its not new.....:lol:
 
I am having serious issues with the new way, but................then again..........I am having serious issues!:eek2:

I voted back to the old way, but will deal with whatever the majority wants!
 
WOuld that be No we hate it this way change it back? Than that would be me...and Yes I have tried those helpful tips however......
Im going to need xanax if the forums stay this way and devolope an eye twitch to go along with it...
you have to do the 1 2 3 no wait, no wait, wait for it...ok quick no new posts quick hit all read...ohhh shoot someone posted in the time it took me to click mark all read...no I missed it.....:rolleyes2:

ohh wait I already read this thread 10 times in the last 30 minutes...nope its not new.....:lol:

What she said!

I know I kinda started this all with the my issue "under the old way", that if I disappeared from my desk for more than 5 minutes, then I all the New Posts would go away entirely, and then I would have to go discussion by discussion to find what was new.

But this seems to be ever more work. I can't explain why!
 
For lack of a better way of explaining it, with the old way, I could keep track of the threads that I was interested in, and just let the other ones disappear.

And when I opened a post, I would have it grey-lighted so I knew that I'd opened it and was perhaps waiting for a response.

With the new way, I have to open up each new post to make it go away.

Hell no, we won't go (the new way!)
 
With the new way, I have to open up each new post to make it go away.

I'm stumped. I only have to open any last page of any thread from the "new posts" link. Once I do the whole thread will go away. This is not happening for you all?
 
Back
Top