New puppy... maybe

Lordy what a face! If you think you're walking away from her, you can come buy my beach front property in Yuma after MissyGallant's bridge ;)
"you don't have to wear that dress tonight" and thanks a bunch for the ear worm LOL
Oh, I’m pretty certain I won’t be walking away from it. I just got another reply from the breeder that she is “outgoing, inquisitive, and smart.” All the things I’m looking for. I hope she’s ready to go errrrywhere and meet errrryone!
 
With the exception of a few years ago when we was in meds after being attacked, ive kept him pretty lean too. He chunked up to 25. It came off pretty easy.
22-25 is a decent range. How much longer are these oversized guys?
depends....
Jocu is longer than Cran but a little shorter at the shoulder.
I don't think I have a side by side of them standing- will have to work on that.......
 
depends....
Jocu is longer than Cran but a little shorter at the shoulder.
I don't think I have a side by side of them standing- will have to work on that.......
I just got word that she is currently 11 1/4 inches tall. And as long as I “don’t fatten her up” they think she’ll be 20-22 pounds as an adult. Still small enough to be conveniently portable. (y)
 
Last edited:
I hope you get her!!! What a cute puppy!! I got my puppy, Kip, at 10 weeks. He weighed 7.3 lbs at that point, and I'm not sure if he's going to stay in size or not. He is currently 17 weeks and 12.8 lbs

My previous sheltie, a girl, was a bit over 16 inches tall and 25 lbs
 
I just got word that she is currently 11 1/4 inches tall. And as long as I “don’t fatten her up” they think she’ll be 20-22 pounds as an adult. Still small enough to be conveniently portable. (y)
Like I said take the weight with a grain of salt. At 29lbs Sca was thin and in race trim (flyball) he was a stout guy. Angus is a thinner build for sure though a bit on the chubby side (food was cut back again this morning)
 
Saturday. Saturday.

we’re going to go to the breeder on Saturday.

I may have just made 10 week puppy appointment at the vet. I always request my favorite doc, the one who patched Watson up and who did an amazing job treating my hospice lymphoma cat, so my options are considerably less but I want to make sure we’re getting her first appointment as soon as I can especially if she needs the second round of shots yet.
 
Welp, today’s the day. And we’re supposed to get like 6 inches of snow tonight. Of course. That should make starting house breaking.... interesting. :gaah

I think I’ve gotten everything I should need to start with. They have a collar that fits her but I have a martingale and body harness. Either she’ll grow in to them or they’ll fit and I’ll be replacing them sooner rather than later.
I’ve never had a puppy before. At least not in foreeeeever. Like since I was in sixth grade. So.... almost 30 years ago. I hardly think that counts.

My sister saw all of her “stuff” and said it looks like I’m prepping for an actually baby. But then when she got her dog from the shelter she said all she bought was a leash. :rolleyes2:

I think the last thing I’m going to get is a bag. So I can start taking her out places before her shots are done and keep her up off the ground and secured so there’s not wiggly puppy nose dives and my hands are free so I can still do what I need.

Any suggestions on fencing? We don’t have one now because taking one out on a walk is easy. I want a vinyl picket style but I don’t really know of shelties are climbers. Watson is basically a cat so he never would have had the determination to climb anyway. F2D09426-2C2E-438E-B5E8-93D330EF47CA.jpeg
 
Back
Top