Pancreatitis...

Yay! So glad for a good update! He looks so pooped but still extremely adorable. I am sure you have given him tons of hugs, but give him one from Cleo and I! :hugs
 
What a relief. I was really worried about you guys.
Now, go fix yourself something healthy to eat and get some rest. I think I know a couple of dogs that would love to curl up and take a nap with you.
Thanks so much for the update.
 
Great to hear that Laddie has returned home. :yes:

Thanks for the lovely picture where one can see how relaxed he is, no doubt he is happy to be home and can take a well-earned sleep :hugs
 
Wonderful news, Praise God!

Happy to hear Laddie is eating for you again and last but not least is at home with you! Now he can "rest easy" and continue to get well.

Note: Thanks again for all your updates, and current pictures, we do appreciate them.

ps Our Mr. Mally sends out a Big WOOF-WOOF-WOOF (Get Well, Laddie)
 
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU EVERYONE...
FOR ALL YOUR PRAYERS!
:hugs:hugs

Laddie is now back home!!!!
Although totally exhausted, he ate lunch and is now happily snoozing!

He is on Prednisolone 5 mg, Metronidazole 250 mg, and Denamarin 255mg.

I can not tell you how much it meant to me for each and every individual who was kind enough to support both me and Laddie during this stressful time! :hugs:hugs:

Sheltie Nation ROCKS!!!!! :biggrin2:


Yay! What a sweet boy. So glad you were able to help him start eating again and that he is back home. Hope his recovery is swift!
 
Fantastic news! He looks so relaxed and happy to be in his own home. Now I hope you can get some needed rest too! Curl up with Laddie for a nap! :lol:
 
wooooooohoooooooooooo!!!

a good report, that a boy Laddie:biggrin2:. You gave your mom, and a lot of us on here quite the scare, but I am glad you got to go home, and have taken up floor space on the nice cool tile. Sleep well, and rest up, and give your mom a break, she sweated bullets over your little episode.

Gloria, please take some time for yourself, a bit of pampering is needed, now that Chance & Laddie are doing better.

Savannah and Kaleigh have been woofing/chatting all day at strangers in our neighborhood so they send a chorus of good wishes to your lads.
 
I am at my whits end trying to figure out why this happened... The only thing I have done differently was to add probiotics to his diet. I hope that did not cause this. Anyway, he will be at the emergency clinic overnight... Prayers please?

I spent $2000+ in four days on a pancreatitis and still lost her. For some dogs, it just is. Nothing you can do to change anything. I spent a year paranoid that I fed something wrong, or that I made too many changes. Looking back, Liesl probably had pancreas/fat absorption issues her whole life. She would get skinny for a couple of weeks, then fatten back up. The last time was just the last her body could handle, and she tumbled into a severe acute pancreatitis.

What I'm trying to tell you is to not be paranoid. Follow the prescribed diet to a "T", but realize that it may not have been anything you did.
 
Back
Top