Retained baby teeth

Booked Kismet in for Thursday. Looks like 6 baby teeth will need removing - all canines and 2 incisors. Going to be a very sore little puppy. But as she's chewing everything, including power cords now, she probably already has a sore little mouth.
 
Poor girl but on the plus side she should heal up pretty quick! Must be pretty rare that she'd need so many baby teeth removed!
 
Poor Kismet! I hope it goes well.
I have a friend who's puppy broke a tooth, and had to have it removed (unfortunately it was an adult tooth already:( The puppy healed very quickly.
 
Poor Kismet! I hope it goes well.
I have a friend who's puppy broke a tooth, and had to have it removed (unfortunately it was an adult tooth already:( The puppy healed very quickly.
That's what worries me about the suggestion of giving her bones to try to get the baby teeth out. Don't want her to crack a newly grown adult tooth at the same time. I tried just a chicken neck but she sucked that up without chewing.
 
Well, Kismet had her dental surgery. 5 teeth removed in total - 2 incisors and 3 canines. The canines all needed stitches. Gosh she was a trembling mess when I picked her up and clung to me for dear life. Poor little girl. They brought her out to me in the parking lot so I didn't need to go inside. She was groggy and scratching at her mouth for a couple of days, but now she's back to her puppy crazy self. Good thing though, she's not eating the furniture or pulling out anything to chew. So I guess her mouth is much better.

Btw - she hasn't put on any weight for 2 weeks. I don't think that's good in a puppy (she's 3.4kg) or is that just silly? Tully was 5kg at the same height and age, and Tully was lithe.
 
My goodness! That is quite the dentist visit! Poor Kismet. I bet her little mouth was very sore. I am not surprised the wanted to stick to you like glue!!! I wonder what If she will be a trembling mess next time she visits the vet?
 
Poor little baby. At least it's over with. But the weight staying the same for two weeks seems puzzling. She seems a bit young to have that happen but folks with more puppy experience will hopefully know better if that's normal - is she 6 months now?
 
Poor little baby. At least it's over with. But the weight staying the same for two weeks seems puzzling. She seems a bit young to have that happen but folks with more puppy experience will hopefully know better if that's normal - is she 6 months now?

Almost. She's 5 1/2 months. She was the same weight at 20 weeks and then 23.5 weeks. And yep I realise that means I can't count - that's actually 3 1/2 weeks! And she did have a growth spurt in that time.
 
Back
Top