Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

She’s here.....

Discussion in 'Puppies 101' started by Piper's mom, Jan 26, 2021.

1. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    ghggp, Sharon7 and Piper's mom like this.
  2. Darren

Darren Forums Enthusiast

Nov 1, 2019
    Big hello to Blueberry!! She looks perfect and like she's going to be a lot of fun.....and trouble :lol:

3. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    "Suddenly she's a little diva!"
    :yuckyuck

Just like any self-respecting little lady!!!!!!!!!

4. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Oh I’ve started reigning her in this last week. The first week she was here she got wayyy too much freedom. It was quite cold out and I felt sorry for her AND she was litter box trained so would go on pee pads. However....by last Sunday she was getting so bad lol...barking back at me and other dogs had zero peace! Monday we started house training her so if she’s not in her crate napping she’s in her xpen or in kitchen or another room where I can watch her and take her out often. Just this afternoon she went near the side door and I asked her if she had to go outside and pee and she started jumping up. she did almost have an accident in the house Tuesday evening but I caught her in time and said AHHHH...NOOOOO, grabbed her and hustled her out where she peed. Literally 2 drops on the carpet...she stopped lol.
    She does get to play with the dogs but not all the time, she’s constantly pulling their fur! This way they get some away time from her as well!

KarenCurtis, Hanne, Sharon7 and 3 others like this.
  5. Lexi

Lexi Forums Enthusiast

May 1, 2015
    Europe
    Congratulationts she is a real beauty and keeping you amd the boys busy:lol: I love puppies but they take so much work I always can't wait that they grow up:fl

6. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Sounds like more structured approach is already paying off. It is so hard not to let them just romp around so we can enjoy them; but all that work now will pay off in the end. Is her personality kind of what you expected?

KarenCurtis, Piper's mom and Hanne like this.
  7. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Lol not exactly...she’s very sweet, when she’s sleepy otherwise it’s run run play play...jump on dogs, pull fur, run...
    She’s a very confident little girl, reminds me very much of Piper as a pup. We’ve been out to quite a few places (never on the ground) and held by many people...while she shivers a bit with nervousness initially she quickly becomes curious and starts sniffing ears and even masks lol. But when she doesn’t want something watch out...:ROFLMAO:! She’ll bark AT me, cry to get away or just run the other way lol. Last night she was doing zoomies down the hallway, around a corner and would run and jump into Piper at full speed:ROFLMAO:...over and over and over lol. Piper just stood there and took it. Both Piper and Finnie are good with her but better with her one on one. I’m not worried about them hurting her but they play better. Together Finnie wants to play with her but so does Piper and Finnie being bigger he tends to herd Piper out of the way which makes Piper jealous. Piper is VERY good with her, he reminds me of how Riley was with him. He’ll stand there and let her jump on his back or pull his fur, plays tug with her (this girl has DRIVE!) and tease her with a toy. Finnie is equally good but much bigger so I just watch him closer, plus he acts quite immature sometimes lol.
    This picture was from yesterday. Doing good with housebreaking and we go to breeder on the weekend to start with the ears...she’s NOT going to like THAT!
    It’s funny but her colouring reminds me of a blueberry milkshake with the greyish blue, white and splotch of black here and there...ironically her name Blueberry has stuck lol. F5F86C79-3009-4C37-BF2D-9EAF5652D72F.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
    Ann, Hanne, Sandy in CT and 3 others like this.
  8. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    I do like Blueberry- biased to berry names:winkgrin:
    she's pretty stinking cute- sounds like a combo of Destin and Jocu as puppies...

Sandy in CT, ghggp and Piper's mom like this.
  9. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    She sounds like such a fun puppy. Meadow was really confident too, but not so much any more. Not sure what happened. She still runs up to greet most people and dogs so she's good there - but she does get a bit timid/scared at times when I wouldn't expect her to. Although we took her out to a patio for a lunch at a cafe yesterday and she behaved beautifully - took it all in stride. It was SO nice to just sit outside somewhere different and have a meal. Lots of distance between tables so I felt pretty safe outside and it was just hubby and I.

10. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Nice that you can go to an outdoor restaurant especially with Meadow! Perhaps it’s an age thing, of course Covid doesn’t help things. There are a few restaurants here that have patios in summer that allow dogs, great idea! Of course here you’d need some pretty powerful heaters to sit outside lol...going to have a week of bitter weather! This evening was the coldest so far for Blueberry being outside. She’d spent too much time barking at Finnie and her paws got cold...first time ever so she started biting at them. Got her in the house and we tried again later. It’s those darned poops, Piper will poop on command...great at dog shows lol but Blueberry isn’t quite there yet lol.