Justicemom
Forums Celebrity
Sure, but its a question of credibility. This is science, and has no place for those with agendas who make the facts meet the conclusion rather than the other way around.
When someone states that mandatory rabies is not a legislated law but rather an administrative/bureaucratic policy of special interests, they are making stuff up.
I was involved with the change of the RI rabies law- it was done legislatively, after hearing from all the interested parties at some length. The veterinary association SUPPORTED the change from 2 to 3 years, indeed, we wondered why it hadn't passed the previous year since the change had many supporters and no apparent opposition.
As the article devoted a great deal of time to that misrepresentation, I'm not putting much credence into whatever else it said. - Dr. Mac
I was involved with efforts to change the rabies law in SD on 1998/99. The veterinarian association in SD was also in support of extending cat rabies from 1 to 3 yrs. We got 2yr not fully what we wanted but it was a start. I have moved from SD since so I have no idea where the fight is today.
Any veterinarian who relies on a $10 rabies shot to make or break their practice will be out of business in no time. It is just ridiculus to even suggest.
