Teddy lost his Groomer

Many groomers will do nail trims as a quick visit aside from a full grooming appointment, for a small fee. Since you already have an appointment for October, it might be worth asking the lady if she'd fit you in just to trim Teddy's nails while you wait before then, if you don't need to see the vet.
 
We have quite a few clients who have always asked us to do nails, either because its a pug how likes to turn blue when you touch her feet or dogs who just go nuts at the groomer but like to come to us. Unfortunately we recently just had to give that up. Like every other veterinarian we are just too crazy busy for nail trim appointments these days. There just arent enough hours in the day. It is a very difficult situation across the country, and we fall further behind every week.

Cooper is fine with us cutting his nails thank goodness! Our Vet Clinic makes appointments for nails done by Vet Techs, I think it’s $17 Canadian and the money goes to a different community charity monthly.
 
Cooper is fine with us cutting his nails thank goodness! Our Vet Clinic makes appointments for nails done by Vet Techs, I think it’s $17 Canadian and the money goes to a different community charity monthly.
Our vet hospital also has techs doing the nails...here it is $19 but that is a lot cheaper than paying the $79 fee for a vet appointment that is the charge at our hospital. And typically you can get the tech appointment immediately where a vet appointment is usually a 2+ week wait except in an emergency.
Trini
 
I am a bad Dad,
I took Teddy to a new groomer, When I picked him up she said he had a hot spot on the side of 1 toe and a very slight limp. It looked very red and sore. My Vet has me putting triple antibiotic on it.until they can see him.
Don’t feel bad, it’s easy to miss something like this plus they can come on fast.
I love and trust Dr Karen Becker...here’s a link to her advice on how to treat a hot spot. My last dog (a Cocker) used to get them all the time...I wish I knew then what I know now!
https://healthypets.mercola.com/sit.../05/what-triggers-hot-spots.aspx?v=1631674717
PS I always have betadine (povidone iodine)in my medicine cabinet...it’s a great all around disinfectant for wounds.
 
Don’t feel bad, it’s easy to miss something like this plus they can come on fast.
I love and trust Dr Karen Becker...here’s a link to her advice on how to treat a hot spot. My last dog (a Cocker) used to get them all the time...I wish I knew then what I know now!
https://healthypets.mercola.com/sit.../05/what-triggers-hot-spots.aspx?v=1631674717
PS I always have betadine (povidone iodine)in my medicine cabinet...it’s a great all around disinfectant for wounds.
Thanks for the article reference
 
Not a bad dad! In the heat and humidity we have had this summer hot spots seem to be the norm. My vet says they are seeing way more skin issues than in a typical year. Hope Teddy's foot feels better soon...it should now that you are treating it until the vet can see him.
Trini
 
My vet says it's nearly impossible to find skin issues in a Sheltie coat. He's right, and you're not a bad dad. I once missed a spindle cell tumor on one of my dog's legs that was quite a good size, and I had just groomed her! I felt horrible. I'm glad your groomer caught it and you're able to treat it. I hope Teddy improves quickly!
 
Back
Top