Teddy lost his Groomer

Oh Ron, how awful. There are no words. As others have said, you aren't the first of our members to have this experience, sadly. Yes, I would invest in a coat for Teddy until his outer coat grows back. He'll be fine with that, and his coat will grow back. I like this type of coat for my dogs who have needed them. Easy on/off and warm.

Do you have any Sheltie breeders in your area? You can check on the AKC website, or even with the ASSA (American Shetland Sheepdog Assoc.) They list breeders. Even if Teddy didn't come from one near you, they will frequently do grooming for a small fee. And if not, one may be able to refer you to someone who knows Shelties. The Sheltie breeding community is pretty tight-knit and we all know people who can help with things like this. I know of several in Ohio depending on where you are. Or you can try Sheltie Rescue, I'm sure they'd know someone. Here's the link for Central Ohio Sheltie Rescue. They're very nice and helpful.

Hang in there, look at the bright side: Teddy won't need grooming for a while! Plenty of time to find the right person. :yes: Hugs to you. :hugs
 
My wife and he went for a walk and I know men aren't supposed to get teary eyed but I am getting over being upset. I mean I can't glue it back on so I will buy him his own wardrobe to keep him warm and make the best of it.
Thanks everyone for the kind words !
I remember when Finnie was one I bought him a really cute and warm sweater. He didn’t have a good coat and needed to stay warm. I’m not one for dressing up my dogs but they do make some nice clothes for dogs now…
 
The coat looks great Ron!

So sorry about your experience. It is tragic - to you - Teddy probably couldn't give a hoot. In his mind, he probably got lots of attention and lots of hands on him and then lots of attention from you and now new clothes - he's living the life!

Cry your tears because they deserve to be cried. Life is a serious of lessons that things are so very often outside of our control - even when we do the very best we think we can, sh** happens and things suck.

My only advice is to find the groomer's Yelp page, Facebook page, Google review page and post a review - specific to sheltie's, he/she might do a great poodle cut but other sheltie people need to be warned. And if you post, please let us know where. I am sure a few of us would love to comment on your review...
 
I'm not a dress up the dog person but under the circumstances I don't want him to get sick being outside when it's cold eithier. Everyone has been really supportive and helped and I can't thank you enough.
Ann I checked out your link and I believe Teddy will be getting 1of those for when the show flys.
As a side note,Since I have been under the weather he now has access to more of the house so he's with me. He has taken over my Wife's cat domain and can not figure out why they don't like playing with him much. Hostilities are at a minimum So life is good :)
 
Back
Top