Teddy lost his Groomer

You're doing right by Teddy, you're as far away from being a bad dad as can be :yes:
Glad to see you found a new groomer, I hope it all works out for you! I envy you being able to get Teddy groomed, as you can probably tell I do Monty myself :lol:, well except for the nails. The little guy has had so many health problems and over night vet stays that he just doesn't do well being left alone with anyone not family and we have no-one that does home visits. The local groomers let me hold him while they snip his nails so at least we don't have any issues there.
 
If I wasn't handicapped , I would be happy to do my own grooming. I only have full use of 1 arm and while Teddy is okay with it I would want to safely hold him while I use the clippers and scissors I did do my own with Miss April 20 + years ago but I don't feel comfortable doing it now.
 
The Answer is:​

A. How short is Short ?
B. Teddy wants a sweater ?.
C. Is it still Summer

Teddy had his first grooming today since he lost his old groomer. He really liked all the groomers that were there.Ran around like he owned the place. I gave them pictures of what I wanted and this is what he looks like
View media item 7379
I guess the search continues :(
 
I would ALWAYS ask for references! You should NEVER cut a sheltie coat...
I would be mortified if someone did that to my sheltie!
Did you ask if they had done shelties before?
Unless severely matted a sheltie should never have a cut like this...
I would ask for my money back!
 
They had good references from people I know in town, did that along time ago. That's why the search continues,I am not pleased ,and I gave pictures showing what I wanted so yes I was shocked when I picked him up. So will be continuing my search.
 
The Answer is:​

A. How short is Short ?
B. Teddy wants a sweater ?.
C. Is it still Summer

Teddy had his first grooming today since he lost his old groomer. He really liked all the groomers that were there.Ran around like he owned the place. I gave them pictures of what I wanted and this is what he looks like
View media item 7379
I guess the search continues :(
OMG Ron! You didn’t pay them did you? I would hit the ceiling if my dog looked like that when I picked him up!
I’m thinking you’ll definitely need a sweater now…I’m so sorry! Next time the first question should be do you know how to groom a Sheltie and I’d stay close for that first groom!
 
In my post I was trying to make the best of a not so good experience. Besides standing right beside them I don't know what more I could have done .
Here is the difference, Teddy could care less he had fun and got treats, Ron just wanted to cry.
Thankfully, it will grow back so in the meantime I will continue my search.
 
Ron, you are so right - Teddy doesn't know the difference. But I am truly sorry someone just went and cut off his coat. :( It will grow back of course. Maybe you can say all you want is for him to be bathed and brushed out - NO CUTTING at all? All I trim on my dogs is a poop chute for cleanliness, and a bit around their feet and the bottoms of their feet when the hair gets thick.
 
Ron, it will grow back and Teddy will be just fine. You are not the first SN member to have this happen and you have every reason to be really upset...esp when you showed them what you wanted with a pic for them to follow. I would ask any groomer you consider from now on if they have done Shelties before and do they have pictures off their Sheltie work...I would also tell them you want absolutely NO cutting done except the fur between the foot pads....just brushing out and a bath. If they don't seem 100% comfortable with your no cutting mandate, don't leave Teddy with them. Sadly a lot of groomers who might do well with other breeds simply don't know how to properly handle a Sheltie. Sorry this happened.
Trini
 
In my post I was trying to make the best of a not so good experience. Besides standing right beside them I don't know what more I could have done .
Here is the difference, Teddy could care less he had fun and got treats, Ron just wanted to cry.
Thankfully, it will grow back so in the meantime I will continue my search.
Yes, the one good thing is you now have the time to find the right person. I’m sure Teddy feels great too!
 
Back
Top