Twitch

Here's the video.
Vet feels it's neurological...may clear up on its own or get worse. If it gets worse or turns into a full blown seizure I'm to call.
It came out of nowhere, I'm hoping it just disappears but who knows...
I go see the breeder tomorrow, I'd made arrangements to go see her this coming Sunday when I thought yesterday it had stopped, (now it seems she does it quite often when your holding her or she's still) but she asked if I can go tomorrow as the dam's owner will be there.

I’m unsure what to do...she’s such a sweet girl but do I wait to see if this clears up and have it get worse or have it get harder to let go of her or give her back now? Not a decision I thought I’d be having to consider at this point....:cry::cry:
 
:(

Has she had a full blood work up? Before making any decision like that, I would want to see a bloodwork and see if something is off.

I am so sorry you must be so very stressed!
 
Here's the video.
Vet feels it's neurological...may clear up on its own or get worse. If it gets worse or turns into a full blown seizure I'm to call.
It came out of nowhere, I'm hoping it just disappears but who knows...
I go see the breeder tomorrow, I'd made arrangements to go see her this coming Sunday when I thought yesterday it had stopped, (now it seems she does it quite often when your holding her or she's still) but she asked if I can go tomorrow as the dam's owner will be there.

I’m unsure what to do...she’s such a sweet girl but do I wait to see if this clears up and have it get worse or have it get harder to let go of her or give her back now? Not a decision I thought I’d be having to consider at this point....:cry::cry:
that is a tough call- definitely agree with blood workup.
someone in my club got a puppy a few years ago to do obedience- dog was fine initially but did then start having seizures- I never saw one so I don't know how bad they were- and she stopped competing because the stress of being in the ring seemed to bring it on.
I'd definitely want to know more before I made a decision.........
she doesn't seem out of it which happens when they are having a seizure so it could be something else. it's almost like a shiver......
 
:(

Has she had a full blood work up? Before making any decision like that, I would want to see a bloodwork and see if something is off.

I am so sorry you must be so very stressed!
The vet never mentioned it and I called them a few minutes ago and she’s off until Tuesday. I’ve asked the breeder because we could always do her vet but I don’t know that it’d change anything...
I feel sick and I just want to cry but I feel like I have only one option.
I’ll have a good talk with the breeder tomorrow and we’ll see...
 
My Pixie had seizures as a puppy. She started having them around 10 or 11 weeks old. If it were a seizure, you'd know it, even a mild one. Blueberry looks alert in your video. Her eyes would become unfocused and she'd be out of it, and very tired afterward. Pixie had them for several years until I found the holistic doctor who pioneered treating epilepsy in dogs with non-chemical meds and diet. Her seizures stopped eventually and she lived a normal life until she had a brain tumor at 11.
 
My Pixie had seizures as a puppy. She started having them around 10 or 11 weeks old. If it were a seizure, you'd know it, even a mild one. Blueberry looks alert in your video. Her eyes would become unfocused and she'd be out of it, and very tired afterward. Pixie had them for several years until I found the holistic doctor who pioneered treating epilepsy in dogs with non-chemical meds and diet. Her seizures stopped eventually and she lived a normal life until she had a brain tumor at 11.

I agree with Ann...with seizures typically you would see some warning in her behavior and in the follow-up it would take her a few minutes to be back to herself. My Mickey had seizures...partial or focal seizures which are much milder than grand mals...and I could always tell when a seizure was coming because he would suddenly become very quiet and look confused/upset...and following the seizure he would be tired and sleep more than usual for a few hours. Also other dogs in the home will often pick up on a coming seizure and alert...I think something in the dog must change...whether it is smell or what I don't know. Right now I would have her checked out by a neurologist who should be able to id what if anything is going on...a regular vet is not a specialist. I am sorry you are going through this...it is so hard emotionally...but I am hoping for a good outcome for you pretty little Blueberry.
Trini
 
:(( Oh my gosh what a terrible dilemma. It does look odd. I can't imagine what you are going through right now. I too think bloodwork is a good idea, and yes, a neurologist. What a heartache. She looks and sounds like such a great dog. I hope your breeder can lend some guidance, Lisa. :fl :hugs
 
So after much deliberation (thank you so much for your help Ann) I’ve decided I’m going to get Blueberry into a local holistic vet (very respected) does Chinese medicine, acupuncture, chiropractic, spinal massage. I believe she’s suffering from vaccinosis from the vaccination last Tuesday. The breeder wants to take her to her vet for a neurological work up and that’s fine but it won’t do anything to treat this. She can still go see the breeder’s vet and get the neuro and blood work. This is a special girl and I just don’t think she’ll get the care she deserves if I give her back. We can always discuss that at a later date, for now I’m going to try to get her a better quality of life and a more normal life.
I emailed the vet clinic but I’m going to call them tomorrow morning to see if we can get her in ASAP.
I’ll update everyone when I know more...thank you guys so much for your support.
 
Well I applaud your thinking. I'd be the same - sitting and waiting is just not my style. I hope you can get into the holistic vet for some input and reassurance, and then follow up with your breeder's vet/neurologist. Will have every finger and toe and paws crossed here for Blueberry. If it's the vaccines - is that a temporary reaction? I've just never dealt with anything like this.
Sending you and Blueberry all my best wishes. :hugs
 
Back
Top