Twitch

Well I applaud your thinking. I'd be the same - sitting and waiting is just not my style. I hope you can get into the holistic vet for some input and reassurance, and then follow up with your breeder's vet/neurologist. Will have every finger and toe and paws crossed here for Blueberry. If it's the vaccines - is that a temporary reaction? I've just never dealt with anything like this.
Sending you and Blueberry all my best wishes. :hugs
I've never dealt with this before either! Vaccinosis is something vets don't acknowledge as being an effect of the vaccine.
I think with certain medication protocols they can reduce or even eliminate the symptoms by treating the vaccinosis.
The breeder is very old school and wants to look at it from the traditional angle (I don't believe her vet is a neurologist, just a vet) and that's fine but I feel that if there's something I can do I'll do it.
Right now Blueberry is laying on Finnie's dog bed enjoying a sweet potato chew...the other two are here watching her with much envy lol...they'll get one when she goes to bed.
 
Blueberry is in great hands and I think it's awesome you've decided to try and figure things out. I've never heard of Vaccinosis by name but do believe in vaccine reactions. Hope you can get her in soon.
 
So after much deliberation (thank you so much for your help Ann) I’ve decided I’m going to get Blueberry into a local holistic vet (very respected) does Chinese medicine, acupuncture, chiropractic, spinal massage. I believe she’s suffering from vaccinosis from the vaccination last Tuesday. The breeder wants to take her to her vet for a neurological work up and that’s fine but it won’t do anything to treat this. She can still go see the breeder’s vet and get the neuro and blood work. This is a special girl and I just don’t think she’ll get the care she deserves if I give her back. We can always discuss that at a later date, for now I’m going to try to get her a better quality of life and a more normal life.
I emailed the vet clinic but I’m going to call them tomorrow morning to see if we can get her in ASAP.
I’ll update everyone when I know more...thank you guys so much for your support.

I couldn't love this decision more if I'd made it, Lisa. You are so right about Blueberry's quality of life with you. I am so glad you made this choice. It may be a slow road, but I know from experience that a good holistic program of care can really help. That's not to say she doesn't and won't need traditional care as well, and maybe medications, but you do what best works for your puppy. Letting the breeder have a neurological check done is a good choice too...then you will know what you're dealing with, if anything. We are all here to support you. Hugs!!!:hugs
 
So after much deliberation (thank you so much for your help Ann) I’ve decided I’m going to get Blueberry into a local holistic vet (very respected) does Chinese medicine, acupuncture, chiropractic, spinal massage. I believe she’s suffering from vaccinosis from the vaccination last Tuesday. The breeder wants to take her to her vet for a neurological work up and that’s fine but it won’t do anything to treat this. She can still go see the breeder’s vet and get the neuro and blood work. This is a special girl and I just don’t think she’ll get the care she deserves if I give her back. We can always discuss that at a later date, for now I’m going to try to get her a better quality of life and a more normal life.
I emailed the vet clinic but I’m going to call them tomorrow morning to see if we can get her in ASAP.
I’ll update everyone when I know more...thank you guys so much for your support.
so glad that you have this option available :yes:
 
Unfortunately both holistic vets aren’t taking any new clients! I’ll call a naturopathic vet on Monday and get her in there...hopefully they’re still taking new clients!
I think the pandemic is really impacting most vet services. One of our 2 local emergency hospitals is currently closed due to lack of staff and in our own vet hospital our favorite vet just got out of the hospital after being on oxygen for 15 days with a really dangerous case of Covid...and it will be weeks/months before he is back at work. The staff at our hospital is at about 50% and even trying to get in for an emergency is impossible unless you are a long term client and I know they are not taking any new clients right now. I hope the naturopathic vet will give you an appointment. In the meantime bloodwork and a neurological evaluation with Blueberry's breeder's vet/neurologist will start to hopefully give you some answers...and prayers continue that this is not anything serious.
Trini
 
Yep my vet hospital is not taking new clients either. Since each visit takes much longer they felt they needed to do good service to their existing clients and patients.
 
Back
Top