Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

WHY?

Discussion in 'Behavior' started by ghggp, Oct 6, 2018.

1. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Forums Enthusiast

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    I love this video!!

Jams and ghggp like this.
  2. Pam

Pam Forums Enthusiast

Mar 4, 2017
    Love this! Maybe that is what my Beau needs--a young whipper snapper to chase instead of cars!!!!!

KarenCurtis and ghggp like this.
  3. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Premium Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Loved the video Gloria, they play like Piper and Finnie did back when Finnie was smaller than Piper.
    I rather enjoyed how Beau kept glancing at the camera as if to say 'is she filming this??? Don't care...must,,,get....puppy!!!'
    Beau's coat is absolutely beautiful!

ghggp likes this.
  4. Piper's mom

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    ;)
    Piper has never been so busy since I got Fiinie....maybe something to think about huh?;)

Hanne and KarenCurtis like this.
  5. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    I thought that Logan had a full and lush coat. Beau has surpassed him by far! His coat does not matt up either. Thank goodness. He gets weekly brushing and is so good about it. I keep in touch with the breeder and she is so happy to see how well he is doing. He certainly is a blessing... a sweet and gentle soul!

I swear Liam is getting to be small collie size! Good thing Beau can keep up with him!!

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    Piper's mom likes this.
  6. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    that is how I got from 2 shelties to 3:winkgrin:
    Cranberry was too much energy for Callie so that's when Dixie came home. then we got Jocu for Cranberry after we lost Callie and then we got Destin for Jocu....................

KarenCurtis, ghggp and Piper's mom like this.
  7. KarenCurtis

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    We are getting a puppy in late spring or early summer. Maybe this is what Sandstorm needs too! He will be 10, and maybe he needs to chase a puppy!

ghggp likes this.
  8. KarenCurtis

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    I keep thinking why do my husband and I want to disrupt our lives and get another sheltie? Because we forgot what a pain puppies can be, of course! A big reason is that as Sandstorm gets to be an older dog, I cannot think of losing him without having another sheltie in our home.

ghggp and Hanne like this.
  9. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    I understand completely Karen. I could never live without a Sheltie either. After losing three Shelties in three years I opted to get a puppy. Yes, they are work!
    I was always adopting older dogs and it was a shock having to deal with and train a young one! Thank goodness for this site as they have helped us both through our growing pains!

Sandstorm Is one lucky dog to be the center of your world and getting all the love and attention.

KarenCurtis likes this.
  10. Piper's mom

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    I totally understand Karen...of course my reasoning on getting a puppy was purely that I missed the puppy aspect of it but I'd also need to have a younger dog if I had an elderly dog.
    Plus of course watching the puppy grow and learn and become a confident dog!

KarenCurtis likes this.