Bereavement Support Thread

I'm glad you are feeling supported, and that you are keeping busy organizing photos. I'm an unproductive mess after losing a fur kid. Mostly I end up taking long walks in nature areas while crying. It's tough when you need to be a productive employee as well and since I was a nurse the emotional strain was taxing.

Earlier the better for surgery I would think, your mom is so fortunate you can be with her. It will be hard for you at first without Gavin for comfort and distraction, but we will be here for you.

Lots of crying behind sunglasses on my hikes and walks.....
 
It is. Its been hanging there for at least 7-8 years. Its a very happy Gavin :)

looks like I have been roped into fostering a bulldog puppy (6 months old or so) until I leave for Mom's.
not really excited about it, but it's not the dogs fault people treat them as disposable.
Friend wants to keep her adult son's (new baby) puppy for the other grandkids but her own dogs aren't getting along right now so she's hoping a behaviorist can fix things before I leave.
I think a rescue might be better for the puppy, to get her a stable home.
 
You have a big and open heart, Cindy. Well that is going to be a whole different ball of wax as they say. Bulldogs are characters for sure. It might be a good distraction for you, something to focus on for a bit. Let us know how it goes.
 
well, it isn't like I am raising my puppy. So it'll be different for sure.
I won't really adjust my schedule or behavior for the puppy. And not tons of exercise for a bulldog either.
But I am also concerned the son was talking about the pound and not rescue.
My friend (the mom) said she would get the dog into rescue if things didn't work out.
I know they wanted me to take the puppy until Summer, but I was not going to do that.
I am not going to be a foster fail with a bulldog pup.
Not when I can only have 1 at my current place and that is definitely going to be a sheltie.
 
That’s a beautiful picture of Gavin Cindy! I have a framed picture of Riley (and Piper) that brings me comfort whenever I look at it.
That’s quite nice of you to take in a bulldog pup, will be quite the change from a Sheltie! You definitely don’t want to be a foster fail when you can only have one dog!
 
Wow, you couldn't get much further from a Sheltie, LOL. It might be fun for you to have something temporary so totally different for a bit. The poor thing, I always think puppies and dogs shuffled around like that must be so confused. You'll be good for her, and it's wonderful of you to take this on. We want updates on how it goes! She can be an honorary Sheltie while she's with you.
 
Back
Top