Blueberry update

we've already heard that the remote needs to protected from puppies...........:winkgrin:
Puppies and Monty lol!
I got Blueberry to go down the stairs (outside)...started her in the middle, original intent was to get her to go up but she went down:lol: so I thought ok...did it a few times and then from the top. She pawed the step (they’re carpeted) and then ran down them! Such a brave little girl! Next the inside steps (I have 14 steps from second floor to main) but on leash of course. And the going up the stairs...
 
I got Blueberry to go down the stairs (outside)...started her in the middle, original intent was to get her to go up but she went down:lol: so I thought ok...did it a few times and then from the top.

Oh boy, you're in trouble!!! You're like my husband who thought it was a great idea to teach Brodie to get on the couch! Blueberry reminds me of Willow who was just a bit older than Brodie and yet SO far more advanced than he was. Maybe some day we will try a girl. Meanwhile, midget here is pretty funny. He can most times make it up the two steps into our family room, but on occasion goes head first into the riser for the second step. The only way he'd go down stairs would be to fall down them. That girl of yours - she is soooo smart!
 
Oh boy, you're in trouble!!! You're like my husband who thought it was a great idea to teach Brodie to get on the couch! Blueberry reminds me of Willow who was just a bit older than Brodie and yet SO far more advanced than he was. Maybe some day we will try a girl. Meanwhile, midget here is pretty funny. He can most times make it up the two steps into our family room, but on occasion goes head first into the riser for the second step. The only way he'd go down stairs would be to fall down them. That girl of yours - she is soooo smart!
That's too funny...I can just picture Deacon taking a header lol!
Blueberry is not as smart as she thinks she is lol. She has really good recall when I call her, she'll come running every time but when I go to pick her up she runs the other way! That's why she won't have freedom in the yard! Likes the game catch me!
 
I just caught up on Blueberry’s story. I’m so sorry that her twitch hasn’t gone away. It’s horrible to worry about our puppies when we just want to enjoy and bond with them. Fingers crossed you get answers soon and the twitch goes away!!

It looks like she is enjoying life to the fullest! Blueberry is adorable.
 
I just caught up on Blueberry’s story. I’m so sorry that her twitch hasn’t gone away. It’s horrible to worry about our puppies when we just want to enjoy and bond with them. Fingers crossed you get answers soon and the twitch goes away!!

It looks like she is enjoying life to the fullest! Blueberry is adorable.
Thank you Elei. It certainly doesn't seem to be getting worse and doesn't seem to impact her at all. Hopefully over time she'll either adapt to it or it'll go away.
 
IMG_7586.JPG IMG_7578.JPG Finally got the results of the blood work this evening. Nothing really that jumps out, her bile number was a high normal...vet thinks because Blueberry had eaten 3 hours before. Normally they do a fasting and another 2 hours after eating. Vet did say that with a liver shunt the numbers would be VERY high. Vet doesn’t think the results are indicative of a liver shunt. She did say to redo the bile acid before any anesthesia just to be 100%. All in all good results I’d say.
Vet did say that she didn’t think Blueberry should be bred as she can’t say for certain this isn’t genetic and that we don’t vaccinate her for adenovirus or hepatitis (at 20 weeks when we do her titres) as they don’t titre for that. Looks like she’s staying:biggrin2::yes:.....
I should add that she’s getting too heavy to carry! She’s over 10 pounds now (10.6 last week) and while she will go down the stairs outside I still have to pick her up to put her in her pen (no way would I trust her loose in the yard especially at night). I try to switch arms but she wants to snuggle up by my left shoulder with butt near my right arm, because of this I’ve pulled a muscle in my right arm, neck and back lol. Nothing major but I can’t wait for her to grow up! She does know go outside and pee and will run to the door but I don’t trust her with ANY amount of freedom...she can pee after 10 minutes of play! Bladder the size of a pea:lol:!
She’s a very good girl though who stays in her pen alone without a peep from 6-10 in the evening. She’s in it from 2:30 but goes out to pee at 4:30 and again when I go home for my break at 6 so she’s an incredibly patient little girl (who terrorizes Piper and Finnie the moment she gets out lol).

I included 2 pictures as per Sheep any update should include pictures lol.
 
Last edited:
That has to be good that nothing is really showing up. Those photos make her look like the sweetest little dog ever, not the terror that torments Piper and Finnie :lol:
She really is growing so quickly, nearly 11lbs already, where does the time go! Rest up and try not to put any more pressure on your right side (easier said than done haha).
 
What great new pictures of Blueberry! Love the color matching bed to her coat!
As we suspected, she caught on to house breaking really quickly! Now if you could just get her under control to not terrorize her brothers! Good luck with that!
Hope your muscles mend soon! So glad Blueberry’s numbers are in normal ranges! What a relief...
 
Back
Top