Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Dog Wheelchair

Discussion in 'Senior Sheltie Health' started by Cindy, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

Like you would get off that easy! We are on multiple updates a week as it is..waiting for 3 months to update would be torture!
    We did get out for a walk this morning. Gavin loves riding in his stroller to the park, he looks like a little king in there surveying his kingdom LOL.
    Lots of dogs out since it has been raining all weekend.
    I will try tomorrow morning since rain is expected in the afternoon.

Piper's mom, Sharon7 and ghggp like this.
  2. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Ha, Ha, I just meant that if he shows signs of relief after the meds kick in the 3 months timeframe. Never did I mean that we would not get our daily or weekly Gavin report!
    We so look forward to it! :)

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    Piper's mom and Sharon7 like this.
  3. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
  4. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

I guess I should measure the width of his leg? How else to objectively tell?

Best I can tell, good leg is 27cm and bad leg is 24cm at the highest point.
    I will just have to compare them every 2 weeks or so

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    ghggp and Piper's mom like this.
  5. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

So the Myos Supplement arrived. It is a soft and moist yellow powder. Gavin even licked his bowl, so looks like i won't need the bone broth. I will probably try it anyway though.

Sharon7 and ghggp like this.
  6. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

First Poop fail this morning. When you insert the legs into the wheelchair, you HAVE to make sure the fur is parted appropriately for pooping.
    Sadly this morning I didn't. Suffice it to say, A smooshy poop ball of fur isn't pleasant at the best of times but when you can't just cut it out during a walk it is humiliating for both dog and owner!

7. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Oh no! Poor Gavin...how embarrassing for you both but mostly I'm sure for him!

I know how much Piper hates it when he has a piece of poop on his fur (he'll sit, even in the middle of the yard. I'll catch him and get it right away before he smooshes it) so I can imagine how Gavin must've hated it!
    Bet you'll never make that mistake again lol.

8. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

I was standing there looking for the poop on the ground..and there was none. So I checked his rear, and there was a big smooshy poop ball in his fur.
    I managed to part the fur somehow, but Gavin was NOT amused!

FYI...google dog wheelchair and sheltie and this is #2 on the results :)

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    Piper's mom likes this.
  9. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    OMG... Poor Deska, Poor you! So sorry...

10. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

I can't really complain. Gavin is happy and healthy :)
    we were on his favorite walk this morning in the fog and got to say hi to 3 dogs.

Piper's mom and ghggp like this.