Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Dog Wheelchair

Discussion in 'Senior Sheltie Health' started by Cindy, Oct 7, 2018.

1. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    OMG Cindy, those pictures of Gavin are beyond precious! What a wonderful time you must have had... Great memories...

2. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

He is an incredibly photogenic dog.....He reward for after the trip was a bath as he managed to pick up a few fleas :) He was none too happy with that!

3. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    He is absolutely photogenic!
    Love his coloring... he looks like a mahogany! Is he? His face and expression melts my heart!

4. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

ive always assumed so, very heavily shaded. his mom was a tri, daddy a sable. he definitely has that melting look, doesn't he? and he is as sweet as can be.

Hanne and ghggp like this.
  5. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

I couldn't attach them directly here..said file too big. One is him in his wheelchair this afternoon and the other is a few months old (of his limp, that is as good as it gets and it gets worse with activity). It is his left rear leg that has problems

6. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    OMG Cindy, what a great job he is doing walking in that wheelchair! I just want to drop to the ground to hug and kiss him for being a good boy!

You could post the larger video to YouTube and embed the link.

Keep up the great work Gavin! You are a trooper!
    Stay strong! Mom knows best!!!

7. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

Gavin is a very good boy :) We will slowly start increasing his walks with the wheelchair. He is a lot wider now, and doesn't understand that his wheel get caught up on things. Peeing is easy with it on, but I am not sure he will poop with it on.

8. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    I was considering a wheelchair for Mr. Chance and wondered the same thing. Since Gavin is still mobile albeit limited, maybe he will understand he can poop when not in his he chair? My boys are very regular and go first thing in the morning and about 15 minutes after their lunch and dinner. Let us know how it goes!

9. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    wow- he looks very comfortable with the wheelchair.
    I do have to say that his coloring and markings really remind of Callie-she's my avatar pic

10. take4roll10

take4roll10 Moderator

Aug 31, 2009
    New York
    He looks very happy and adorable with his new wheels!