Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Dog Wheelchair

Discussion in 'Senior Sheltie Health' started by Cindy, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

Gavin has 2 rear red blinkies and a headlamp/puplight around his neck. I might get blinkies for his side,or do reflective tape. Haven't decided yet, but he did well tonite :)

Attached Files:

Calliesmom and corbinam like this.
  2. take4roll10

take4roll10 Moderator

Aug 31, 2009
    New York
    The lights are adorable! Now all you need is to add a beep sound for when he walks backs up. :lol:

Calliesmom and ghggp like this.
  3. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    :yuckyuck Good one!
    I have to say this is the BEST sheltie wheelchair ever! Go Gavin!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

I need a beep sound for when he gets stuck! I find that when he stops, its usually for that reason. Sometimes one of his wheel gets caught up on (or down from) a curb, too.
    Thinking of going for green and blue blinkies....or maybe cycling lights..

Think I am going with green and blue blinkies....the cycling light option was too complicated..for now :)

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
  5. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    I was at the pet store with Liam yesterday and as I walked down one isle I spotted a whole end rack full of items for nighttime walking with your dogs...
    Collars that glow and blink, little round balls that blink to clip to the collar, even leashes that glow!
    Things sure have changed! Years ago nothing like that existed. Good thing they do now!

6. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

The collar blinkies have never worked for Gavin...the sheltie ruff hides everything! I found a converted headlamp called a puplight years ago that works around his big fluffy ruff though. And I have used a lighted leash for years. We have always walked in the dark so it has been a must :)

7. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Good point! The full ruff of a sheltie would cause the blinker for the collar to be lost! :yes:

8. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

So we have walked every night this week. Gavin is so slow at times...we need the blinkies so cars can tell something is there and moving slow! But I am happy with the distance we are covering and the exercise he is getting...and Gavin likes the extra treats he is getting!

Attached Files:

9. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Looking good Gavin!

Mom knows best...
    Safety First!

10. danisgoat

danisgoat Moderator

Jul 23, 2009
    NJ
    I am so excited for you that it is working out so well and Gavin is getting his exercise in. The lights are a great idea.