Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Dog Wheelchair

Discussion in 'Senior Sheltie Health' started by Cindy, Oct 7, 2018.

1. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Keeping an eagle eye on his reactions after walks and adjusting your exercise regime is all you can do for now. It IS a fine balancing act.
    I am sure cuddles were forthcoming... absolutely NO hard feelings from Gavin... he so appreciates the time he spends with you...
    on walks or cuddling!

Wendy C likes this.
  2. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    I bet he really enjoyed the time out with you though! Extra cuddles is always a good thing!

ghggp and Wendy C like this.
  3. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    Well, no extra cuddles. But Gavin was perky and raring to go this morning. Wanted his breakfast ASAP and ate it all down. He has been a slower eater the past 6 months or so, sometimes not finishing his breakfast until I got home after work. He always eventually eats everything, but I am not sure if it is him not being hungry or not liking all the supplements I have been adding (he is not a fan of powdered supplements like vibrant pets, and sometimes eats around them, then sometimes eats them fine). 2 years ago, he ate everything as quickly as possible.

4. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Gavin pack.jpg puppy camping.jpg puppy   2.jpg Gavin up north.jpg so shutterfly sends me emails with pics from the past...

memory lane...

Attached Files:

ghggp, Hanne and Piper's mom like this.
  5. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    Piper's mom likes this.
  6. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    I am so glad Gavin got to see and do so much while he could :) And we still do the beach, so he's a lucky little guy.

Calliesmom and Piper's mom like this.
  7. Piper's mom

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Beautiful pictures Cindy! I'm sure Gavin was happy just to be with you, although he's been a VERY lucky dog with the exciting times you've had together!

Calliesmom likes this.
  8. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    A lot of people haven't been to the Grand Canyon twice!
    That was our only Christmas/Gavin's birthday together :) I always like having him with me on road trips, otherwise I don't want to go! And he is such a great traveler (although I am pretty sure he thought the trip to AZ was only going to be a few hours.. hee hee). It is a bit more logistically challenging now (Big Sur was a prime example, things didn't always go the way I thought they would), so it was great we took advantage of his health while we had it for all our other trips.

Ann, ghggp, Piper's mom and 2 others like this.
  9. Piper's mom

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Well, now I'm jealous of Gavin;)...I've haven't even been to the Grand Canyon once!
    He's one lucky dog!

Calliesmom likes this.
  10. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Well, Gavin has never been to Canada! I am sure he would love the cooler weather up north :)

Calliesmom and Piper's mom like this.