Dog Wheelchair

pet strollers and wagons are the best. Gavin loves his, he never tries to get out when we are rollin'View attachment 16062 View attachment 16063 along, he just takes it all in :)
and he shares! they really do need stimulation, to see and smell new things.

You take such good care of Gavin, there's no-one on this planet that could have done a better job!! I love seeing his happy little face while he's out on his adventures with you!
 
When he was 9 (before cancer), we would go to the beach every weekend (same beach), but we would walk 45 minutes to and from. And hike 90-120 minutes up hilly terrain the other day of the weekend. Gavin accompanied me on my adventures, now it is the other way around. I totally took his health and happiness for granted.

After cancer, heat really did him in and hilly were tough for him (he was terribly slow, I mentioned this to my vet several times). We never stopped doing hills but I guess he never built up his muscle back on his bad leg.

Now he can do moderate hills faster since he is tripod-ing instead of walking on all 4s, but he can't last that far. Hence the stroller
 
Big Sur was our first real trip since all this happened.
I don't think I brought the wheelchair since it was mostly a camping/driving trip (and I had just bought it right around this time).
Gavin would try to walk but just couldn't last long enough to get to the places he wanted to go or see the people he wanted.
He loved being able to get out finally! It had been super hard on him to be mostly stuck at home, and the stroller is great but the open wagon makes it easier for people to fuss over him.
And he loves the attention from people :)
 
Gavin adores getting loves :)
He used to be verbal praise motivated, and now he is physical attention motivated.
He will just stand there and rest his little head (and not move forever) in my palm for his sweet little scratches many times a day.
The big belly and back rubs require laying down and stretching, and are only a few times a day :)
 
Gavin had a real good walk on the beach!
It was cool and foggy.
He walked without prompting all the way to the point and back.
usually I have to pull him a bit, but not today. The only pulling I did was on loose sand where its hard for him to use his cart.
Now he is passed out at my feet, sleeping.
definitely making sure I am not going anywhere without him :)IMG_6823.jpg
 
Back
Top