Dog Wheelchair

You sure can tell he loves the activity. So sweet of that man to offer up his frisbee to Gavin. Bet he was one tuckered out boy when he got home! He loves getting his paws wet! Not staying out of the water for him!!
 
Last edited:
Gavin is really good at getting people to do things for him :) Even before the wheelchair.
We do tend to see several 'regulars' at the beach, and he is pretty memorable with his wheels.
He is sp happy watching other dogs chase things he gets lots of love.
Kids love him, too.

I am thinking of letting him out of his chair a bit at the beginning, He can run a bit on 3 legs....we would need to use the wheels for him, but the first spot on the beach where it is a nice shallow shelf could be fun without the wheelchair if his playmates are there
 
I thought it might be more difficult for him io walk in the sand without his chair. I know it is harder for humans. Maybe the sand by the water is easier to walk in as it is stiffer than the softer sand!
We know, three legs or four makes no difference to Gavin! Just let me out to socialize!;)
 
The packed sand is easy.
I did have him on the beach pre-wheels and post problems.
I put him in a costco cart and pulled him to the beach part from the parking lot. He walked not as much and had to stop and rest a lot.
we did that maybe 4-6 times before we got the wheels which make it more fun.
 
hee hee... he has trained people to think they have to throw it perfectly for him to catch it without moving.
He has always been like that :)
He is really good at bouncing beach balls back to you like a seal or catching a ball thrown right to him.
 
Gavin was very barky today..
nice and cold and overcast!

<
>

we got to go to the beach today...rather warm and VERY busy. lots of people with kids (and dogs). way more than normal.
Gavin had a lot of fun....he is a very social old man!

<
>
<
>

Oh wow I love seeing those videos, he is such a happy boy. It's amazing to see how he doesn't let anything hold him back and having just as much fun as all the dogs around him.....LOVE IT :yes:
 
Gavin has a fan club at the dog beach :)
The dog people (and not all dog owners are dog people) love how happy and active he is in his chair.
I try and focus on what he can do, and keep his world as big as possible. Just keeping him at home is a very small world.
The other dogs treat him the same as any other older dog, which helps.
Still the only wheelie dog I have seen at this beach (and I've only sever seen one other wheelie dog EVER in real life).
 
Back
Top