I am spitting bullets here! Toy Shelties? Bah!

Link no longer works....I gues the pup was adopted out......don't know if that's a good thing or a bad things.

They did find "Honest Abe" the smallest, senior sheltie I have ever seen his forever home. Everyone was so happy for the little guy.
 
I do believe this thread was started to discuss breeders of shelties that are NOT in the breed standard for size purposely to get "toy" sized shelties. It is a "fad" thing and "fads" in my opinion are never good for the breed.

Exactly!!! Messing around with "toy" dogs is all the rage right now... cross this with that and see what you get... Toy Aussies... Toy Labradoodles... Toy Aussiedoodles... It's only a matter of time before we're seeing Toy Shelties and Toy Sheltiepoos.

It's a very slippery slope that Shelties have managed to avoid up until recently... I sincerely hope it doesn't catch on and that they're spared the fate of the other "fad" dogs.
 
Unfortunately, its already here....I've seen ads for mini-Shelties on Kiiijii!

I was horrified!
 
I have seen ads for cockershells (cocker spanial and sheltie) And of course sheltie-poo's and shollies :rolleyes2:

Not sheltie related but the strangest ad I have seen was someone with pomeranian pit bull mix pups :eek2: had to be the ugliest pups ever!!
 
Are these not really what we used to call "mutts".

YUP!!.... but now they're called "designer dogs" :no:

What's AMAZING to me is how many people are crazy for these "mutts" and are willing to pay ridiculous prices for them... more than a purebred dog costs!!! It's insane!! :eek2:
 
Are these not really what we used to call "mutts".

Yes, but this thread isn't really about mutts. If you want to pay lots of money for a mutt, to each his own.

This thread is about purposely breeding registered Shelties that are small and out of the standard with another registered Sheltie that is small and also not within the standard purposely to produce a registered small sheltie. They are breeding registered Shetland Sheepdogs and selling the pups with papers that are purposely bred to not be to the breed standard.

That....is where the big problem is.
 
Could a mini sheltie herd sheep? I thought dogs were bred to do or perform. Now it is how they look. I think puppy mills do a lot of this bad breeding. Anything to get a new gimmick to buy a novelty. I sure hope the AKC isn't supporting this practice.
 
Back
Top