Trying to decide whether to euthanize our wonderful puppy

Thank you again, everyone. We are going to see the orthopedist again today. My husband and I are agreed that if Fainly will have a life of pain we are going to euthanize him. I didn't say earlier, but a few days after we got Fainly I was hit with a neurological problem where I can't walk without a walker and can't get down on the floor to play with Fainly either, although if there is a step nearby I can manage it and now my walker helps. However, there is not going to be any major improvement according to the doc, and my inability to do what I normally would with Fainly and in everyday life is a factor also. It's a lot for my husband to handle, although he and Fainly are strong buds and playmates. I'm more the quiet mom type. Fainly has the best eye contact I've ever seen in a dog. He's amazing. I hope the vet will have a solution. I will let you all know. Caro, reading your post about your life with Deska, I am just not sure we could bring this off if Fainly has a similar outcome. We will see. I am hoping. I've cried so much I might not have any tears left, but Fainly will never know. He is very sensitive to feelings around him, like many Shelties are. He will have a good time today, no matter what happens.

You are all a caring group of people, and I so appreciate your being here.
 
I should say that Fainly's regular vet is a very caring person also. He is going to call us today before we go to the orthopedist. I am going to ask him what he would have to hear from the orthopedist that would make keeping Fainly going on the right thing to do. I think what he says will be very helpful.
 
I should say that Fainly's regular vet is a very caring person also. He is going to call us today before we go to the orthopedist. I am going to ask him what he would have to hear from the orthopedist that would make keeping Fainly going on the right thing to do. I think what he says will be very helpful.
I am sending hope and prayers for you and Fainly. Whatever decision you have to come to, I know it will be made out of love for your wonderful boy.
Trini
 
You will all be in my prayers today as you face this terribly tough decision. Reading your posts, it's very clear that you are a wonderful, caring dog mom to Fainly and I know you will make the right decision for him. Sending you hugs and hope. :hugs
 
I understand fully. I was younger and fitter with Deska. Nowadays I use a walker too and managing young Kismet is hard, and she's healthy. In the end I know you will make the best decision, you've put so much heart and soul into this decision.

Hugs to you both.
 
I understand fully. I was younger and fitter with Deska. Nowadays I use a walker too and managing young Kismet is hard, and she's healthy. In the end I know you will make the best decision, you've put so much heart and soul into this decision.

Hugs to you both.
Thank you, thank you, thank you all. This is just a tiny update because I have to get to an appointment; I will write more later. The surgeon says he feels he can do a surgery that will give Fainly a normal life. We are going to try for that. I will write more later today. Deep thanks to you all for your wonderful support. We feel we have made the right decision. We still have to see the GI vet to see how that fits in to Fainly's future, so there could be something there that would change the picture, but we'll do that next Monday and hope it will be okay.
 
Back
Top