Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Dog Wheelchair

Discussion in 'Senior Sheltie Health' started by Cindy, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    He has been doing better...up and down on the bed ALL night long. Up on the couch usually twice during the day and twice at night while I am home. We have done our hill walk several times and he seems to almost enjoy it (especially the last bit where he gets to get back in the stroller!)

2. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Another walk today and he was super tired when I left for work, but he has already been up on the couch twice!
    I love my boy :)

3. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Well a tired pooch is a happy pooch! I'm so happy he's doing so well!
    That's why I got Riley out today...as much as he has difficulty with the stairs and getting up off the floor, he's bored and depressed! I figure if I can try to help him maintain muscle so as to help maintain his quality of life. He loved it and that's what counts, just as Gavin enjoys getting out with you.

Calliesmom and ghggp like this.
  4. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    I had a happy puppy when I got home. he had a little spring in his gimpy step when he came running (OK, moving fast) for his belly rub :)

5. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Awe, I can just visualize that roll over for a belly rub! How sweet!

Piper's mom and Calliesmom like this.
  6. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Summer is here....to warm at night so when Gavin comes up on the bed he plops down by my head on the cooler sheets as opposed to the blanket at my feet. as much as I love my furball, I never anticipated sharing my pillow with him! Time to re-think sleeping and blanket distribution....

7. Piper's mom

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    I can just picture Gavin with his head on your pillow :ROFLMAO:! I'm fortunate that Piper tends to sleep on the floor and Finnie stays away from me.
    I got a rude awakening this morning...thunder boomer at around 6 am got both of them going. Had all my windows open as it was hot hot hot yesterday so it was LOUD! I love a good thunderstorm but not when the dogs wake me up lol.

Sandy in CT, Hanne and Calliesmom like this.
  8. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Yes, his head was on my pillow quite comfortably!

No dice....no blankets still = sheltie by my head!

Calliesmom and Piper's mom like this.
  9. Piper's mom

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    I guess he just wants to be close to you! As irritating as that can be just makes you love them more!

Sandy in CT and Calliesmom like this.
  10. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Not so much at 2AM! But Gavin definitely sticks close to me when he can :)
    He has decided to stake out a rug in my bathroom while I shower in the morning again... he had mostly confined himself to a dog bed just outside the bathroom in my bedroom since he got hurt (maybe a few months after he got hurt and his leg was atrophied). Its funny, but I had forgotten how annoying it is that he always lays in front of the drawer where my socks and undies are! since gavin i less able to move easily when I want in that drawer, I will move those things up a drawer :)